Job ID: 50384
Mechatronics Test Engineer
Being part of a focused, energized team brings great personal satisfaction. Come join our team where you will have the opportunity for leadership, vision and the chance to work with exciting people.
- Responsible for the creation, development and initiating of Mechatronic product tests and specifications.
- Coordinates vehicle data acquisition and reduction - when necessary.
- Performs component life estimates based on lab and vehicle data.
- Coordinates project and test schedules and establishes priorities.
- Manages overall product validation of major customer programs.
- Analyzes data and results and makes recommendations on unusual or difficult technical problems.
- Prepares and presents engineering presentations.
- Writes work instructions, ensures calibrated test systems, manages tests, and writes technical reports.
- Integrates sophisticated measurement systems with test hardware.
- Strong ability to see critical path and ensure that resources are in line to meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of electrical circuits for control boxes used to interface with test parts.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Evaluates data using Weibull Analysis.
- Experience using LabVIEW and Vector Canape products if possible.
- Can thrive and stay focused in a fast paced environment where many last minute changes occur.
- Work with designers to develop new and sometimes complex fixturing.
- Work individually and as a team member.
- Able to travel to local testing houses to initiate tests.
- Self-driven and very hands on.
- Ability to step outside of typical role and perform other foreign tasks such as setting up and running Lab machines when needed
- 1 year of testing experience with an eager to learn.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 0-5% international travel and 20-30% local travel.
- Design Knowledge
Fast Switch, Ltd., delivering the Right Talent at the Right Time for over 21 years. We are an IT Consulting company with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused. You are our most important asset!
We've differentiated ourselves by being creative, flexible, and fast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press and one of the Best Staffing Firms in 2016 and 2017. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Portal, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply
Computer Control Systems