Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.Summary
Develops, implements and oversees the successful implementation of the annual brands marketing plan and Managed Markets (MM) service programs for his/her assigned brands, customer segments (payers. systems, hospital, GPOs), or function e.g. pull-through. Oversees the successful creation and implementation of all tools and marketing support required for Market Access Field teams to appropriately educate customers of the value of DSI's brands in order to support appropriate access in US. In addition, he/she will oversee the development of access strategies for assigned inline, or pipeline brands. For pipeline products, provide US perspective to global teams as it relates to market access in order to ensure successful commercialization and access in US market.Responsibilities
- Leads the development, and implementation of market access promotional campaigns including the messages and program materials to be used by Market Access field teams (and Sales Representatives, HEOR teams when appropriate) with assigned customer segments. This includes:
- Market Access field material support for value message and pull through: visual aids, value decks and other brand messaging campaign elements/materials for each promotional period (POA) including non-personal materials to support Customer Care Center. Responsible for the development and implementation of pre-launch materials (includes Pre-approval information Exchange (PIE)) and disease state campaigns for launch approaching brands.
- Competitive intelligence and customer insight: Oversee the implementation of market research plan for all campaigns, advisory boards, managed markets thought leader development, leadership of Managed Markets Account Manager Feedback teams related to current and new program execution.
- Access generating tools (assisting Account Managers ability to meet with targeted customers): customer-mediated formulary adherence initiatives, market expansion programs including speaker bureaus.
- Responsible for ensuring close collaboration with Brand teams and co-promote partners (if applicable) in order to generate success as defined by KPIs in targeted Managed Market accounts and monitored via marketing feedback systems by taking a leadership role within Brand Teams and co-promote partners. Ensures that all strategies and tactics as well as marketing mix align with the Brands’ goals and objectives.
- Regulatory approvals: Responsible for PMRT (Product Material Review Team)ARC (Advertising Review Committee) and PGC (Promotional Grant Committee) process management related to projects and programs.
- Market research: Leads primary and secondary data points to support strategies through market research, modeling, advisory boards, and Account Manager feedback mechanisms.
- Leads the development of Managed Markets program and services plan that is accountable to develop evidence-based solutions to disease state or healthcare delivery market challenges surrounding assigned brands, therapeutic areas, or customer channels.
- Develop and implement market access strategies for current portfolio and pipeline products as assigned. Accomplished through leadership of cross-functional market access strategy teams, which include collaboration and execution of market research, strategy development, outcomes, and market development plans with a goal of optimizing price, payer access, distribution channels, patient access, market share, and brand lifecycle profitability.
This person will be responsible for key work streams including:
- Developing, vetting, and recommending brand and access strategies
- Conducting payer and key health care stakeholder value and influence assessments
- Developing value proposition for assigned products across assigned customer channels (payer, pathways, systems, hospital & GPO)
- Developing primary market research insights and synthesizing secondary research
- Conducting market access landscape analysis
Providing analysis and recommendations regarding patient cost-sharing requirements and mitigation strategies to achieve optimal product market access
- Understand, monitor, and evaluate the effect of US healthcare marketplace changes and evolving delivery systems. Develop strategic market access recommendations for in-line and pipeline products in all assigned channels
- Contributes to the POA process for Market Access field teams across the portfolio for assigned customer segments or brands
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.Education Qualifications
(from an accredited college or university)
Bachelor's Degree required; MBA or advanced degree preferredExperience Qualifications
- 7 or More Years of pharmaceutical experience or commensurate education/experience required
- 1 or More Years Pharmaceutical sales preferred
- 2 or More Years pharmaceutical managed care sales/account management, preferred
- Managed markets marketing experience, marketing research, preferred
- 1 or More Years sales training or brand marketing preferred
- 1 or More Years pricing and access experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Managed Market customers including customers’ view on pharmaceutical co-marketing, education, and partnering initiatives with pharmaceutical companies as well as financial P&L understanding, legal, regulatory, compliance, clinical guidelines, and disease management. preferred
- Possess a clear understanding of the U.S. health care and payer environment, including commercial payers, employers and government payers’ benefit designs, reimbursement practices, decision processes and methodologies, organized health systems, P&L understanding, legal, regulatory and federal pricing guidelines, and strong familiarity with provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) and government programs, pricing and /or contracting strategy development required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.