To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Norristown, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Billing Representative - Norristown, PA
UnitedHealth Group • Norristown, PA
Posted 6 days ago
isn’t just changing. It’s growing more complex every day. ICD-10 Coding
replaces ICD-9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints.
Where does it all lead? Hospitals and Healthcare organizations continue to
adapt, and we are vital part of their evolution. And that’s what fueled these
exciting new opportunities.
Who are we? Optum360. We’re a dynamic new partnership formed by Quest
and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family
of UnitedHealth Group, we’ll leverage our compassion, our talent, our
resources and experience to bring financial clarity and a full suite of Revenue
Management services to Healthcare Providers, nationwide.
If you’re looking for a better place to use your passion, your ideas and your
desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your
life’s best work.
Are you looking for a chance to get your foot in the door with a great company? You’ve found it here. Already one of the world’s leading health care companies, Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. Here, you’re not just working. You’re making great things happen for the people who rely on us for health care across the United States. You’re part of an elite team that’s equipped with the best tools and resources, the most thorough training and learning opportunities and a mission that can inspire you every day.
As a Billing Representative you’ll play a critical role in creating a quality experience that impacts the financial well-being of our patients. You’ll be the expert problem solver as you work to quickly identify, analyze and resolve issues in a fast paced environment. This is your chance to take your career to the next level as you support teams by reviewing, and investigating claims. Bring your listening skills, emotional strength and attention to detail as you work to ensure every claim has a fair and thorough review.
complete the UnitedHealth Group new hire training and demonstrate
proficiency to continue in the role.
Our office is located at:
1001 Adams Ave
Norristown, PA 19403
- Analyzes and applies denials to third party carriers in all media types.
- Complies with departmental Business Rules and Standard Operating Procedures
- Focuses efforts on decreasing the Accounts Receivable, increasing cash, and/or reducing bad debt
- Interprets explanation of benefits for appropriate follow up action
- Utilizes automation tools to verify eligibility, claim status and / or to obtain better billing information
- Creates worklist through Access database and manipulate data to analyze for trends and resolve claims for adjudication
- Reviews and researches denied claims by navigating multiple computer systems and platforms, in order to accurately capture data / information for processing
- Communicates and collaborates with members or providers to evaluate claims errors / issues, using clear, simple language to ensure understanding.
- Conducts data entry and re-work for adjudication of claims
- Works on various other projects as needed
- Meets the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, accuracy, quality, patient and client satisfaction and attendance
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment, call center setting or phone support role
- Demonstrated ability using computer and Windows PC applications, which includes strong keyboard and navigation skills and ability to learn new computer programs
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel (creating and editing basic spreadsheets)
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 7:00 am - 3:30 pm Monday through Friday
- Some College level classes / coursework
- Previous work experience requiring exceptional data entry proficiency and accuracy
- Previous work experience in a call center environment within the Healthcare / Insurance billing industry
- Previous work experience in a medical billing office
- Medical terminology acumen and experience
- Certified medical coder or involved with medical coding
- Billing or collections experience and understands multiple billing requirements across various payers and states
- Ability to resolve calls, avoiding escalated complaints
- Ability to exhibit empathy and be courteous to callers
- Ability to triage and handle escalated situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Ability to develop and maintain client relationships
- Previous work experience in a fast paced environment requiring strong multi-tasking skills
innovation. With health care costs and compliance pressures increasing every
day, our employees are committed to making the financial side more efficient,
transferable and sustainable for everyone. We're part of the Optum and
UnitedHealth Group family of companies, making us part of a global effort to
improve lives through better health care. In other words, it's a great time to
be part of the Optum360 team. Take a closer look now and discover why a career
here could be the start to doing your
life's best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.