At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
Employees, contingent workers and visitors are no longer required to show proof of vaccination to be on-site. Effective January 2023, Freddie Mac's hybrid work arrangement is 3 days in the office (specifically Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday).
Are you looking for a chance to make a substantial impact to a program supporting Freddie Mac's core mission? Are you someone who collaborates well with various stakeholders, displays excellent communication skills, and can quickly adapt to a continuously evolving environment?
We're looking for an individual to fill an integral role in crafting a best-in-class third party risk management program. Apply now and learn why there's #MoreAtFreddieMac!
Our team is responsible for the execution and implementation of the third party risk management program for the Investments & Capital Markets (I&CM) division, including:
* Supporting 1st line of defense (1LOD) third party risk management activities, inclusive of trading, securitization, back office, technology and modeling functions
* Collaborating with relationship managers and officers, business partners and other key collaborators to develop and implement third party risk management processes throughout the I&CM division
* Interacting with Enterprise Supply Chain as well as Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Audit
* Identifying, monitoring and managing risks associated with I&CM third parties
* Overseeing periodic risk assessments of existing I&CM third parties, as well as the onboarding and evaluation of new I&CM third parties, in collaboration with I&CM relationship managers and other stakeholders
* Updating and maintaining documentation (including procedures and inventories) in support of I&CM third party risk management
* Facilitating timely remediation of gaps and issues related to I&CM third party risk management
* Developing, reporting and monitoring KRIs, critical metrics and KCIs related to I&CM third party risk management and oversight
* Contributing to the continuous improvement of I&CM's third party risk management process
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
* 5+ years of experience in third party and/or operational risk management for a Financial Services firm
* In-depth knowledge and understanding of risk management practices and methodologies, including risk assessment
* Prior experience developing, implementing or enhancing third party risk oversight programs
* Strong knowledge of secondary mortgage market and Freddie Mac's business
* Project management experience requiring collaboration and coordination across multiple business areas
* Experience implementing and assessing operational risk and internal control environments
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality
* Ability to work effectively with continuous change and competing priorities
* Ability to develop effective relationships across the firm
Keys to Success in this Role:
* Highly motivated and energetic self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills
* Proven experience operating at high standards of quality and accuracy within a fast-paced changing environment, including the ability to effectively and independently manage multiple projects concurrently
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills capable of succinctly presenting complex subject matter; Ability to facilitate group discussions
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Investments & Cap Mkts
Freddie Mac provides anticipated base salary ranges where required by law.
- Business Process Improvement
- Capital Markets