A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is looking for a Process Development Scientist to join the Technical and Scientific Solutions team in the Mid-Atlantic Region based in Raleigh, NC. The Process Development Scientist is part of a worldwide team of engineers and scientists reporting into the technical support group for MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions business.
In this role the Process Development Scientist will be responsible for the following:
- Proactively pursuing and performing process development studies for the purification of therapeutic proteins using MilliporeSigma technologies such as sterile, depth, tangential flow and virus filtration and chromatography.
- Involvement in filter selection and sizing, process optimization, and technology transfer activities associated with the purification of new pharmaceuticals
- Provide consultation to customers through email or teleconference calls.
- Collaborate and work with customer process development groups in the Midwest region.
- Work collaboratively with a team of local MilliporeSigma account managers to provide technical expertise to local customers.
- Adequately document customer interfacing activities.
- Communicate and work effectively in cross-functional teams, influence technical approaches and support strategy execution.
- Travel within the Mid-Atlantic region and North America with some international travel
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemistry or Biochemistry
- 2+ years of experience within pharmaceutical development or technology implementation.
- 2+ years of experience with and understanding of bioprocess unit operations.
- 2+ years of hands on laboratory experience including:
- Developing test protocols and effectively execute the studies.
- Deriving relevant conclusions, based on the experimental results, and effectively communicate this to customers.
- Making recommendations for future course of action based on experimental results.
- Relaying relevant results to sales, field marketing, etc.
- 1+ year of experience working with Microsoft Excel or other data analysis software
- Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Life Sciences, Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Sound understanding of upstream and/or downstream biomanufacturing process requirements, best practices, and industry standards.
- Ability to identify thought leadership opportunities and execute through lunch & learns, publications, presentations, etc. with a focus on customer collaboration.
- Ability to cope with change, shift gears quickly, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Ability to build effective relationships; both internally and externally.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently in a field-based position.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively to diverse audiences through both written and oral communications
- Ability to produce quality written experimental reports and other appropriate documentation.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Process Development Scientist- Raleigh
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
- Business Process Improvement
- Chemical Engineering