Due to our continued success and growth, we are currently seeking a candidate for a Maintenance Technician at our luxury apartment community Woodmont Station located in Cranford, NJ. In collaboration with the Maintenance Supervisor and Property team, you will perform interior and exterior cleaning, apartment turns, diagnose problems and make repairs in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry wall and spackle, exterior structural and appliance. Apply your maintenance expertise to a new luxury apartment community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance to include but not be limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, painting, appliances and cleaning. Completed work must conform to specifications and standards, with adherence to a preventative maintenance schedule for all property equipment and apartment systems
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for performing work order or service requests within a 24 hour period, and respond to calls on a 24-hour basis.
- Maintain “curb appeal” of the property by maintaining a clean pool area and grounds and monitoring the cleanliness of the community by daily inspections.
- Carry out preventative maintenance by performing 'tests', on all property equipment (to include electrical, plumbing and heating, fire/safety) and listen for unusual sounds from equipment, detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variation with supervisor to diagnose problem or repair on machine.
- Works with Community Manager in scheduling the make-ready maintenance of all vacant units
What you bring
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; and/or 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage, plus calculate area and perimeter
- Experienced with Microsoft Office, email and Internet skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- HVAC/EPA Certification preferred
- CPO preferred
What We Offer
- Outstanding team environment.
- Career development.
- Competitive pay, bonus and full benefits.
Interested? Submit a resume with salary requirements for consideration.
Woodmont Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer