[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Engineer (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.Basic Function
Working in a team environment, the Mechanical Engineer is responsible for managing/developing and optimizing capital projects, implementing reliability best practices, as well as supporting plant activities as needed. The position interacts with other engineers, specialists, and technicians at the site, corporate technical networks, peers at other locations, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems, assist capital projects and turnarounds, and improve plant reliability and performance.Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities consist of, but are not limited to:Min. Qualifications
* Provides technical support for assigned capital projects
* Participates in determining the desired scope of work for assigned projects.
* Develops and maintain specifications, philosophies and standards and pass these along to engineering and construction vendors to complete scope of work.
* Works with engineering, design and construction to make sure the project uses sound engineering and construction practices. Must be able to communicate detailed design issues effectively with suppliers, stakeholders, and other engineering disciplines
* Applying broad working knowledge of most types of equipment with specialized knowledge of one or more equipment types
* Preparing designs and specifications for mechanical systems and materials, and contributing to the technical selection, sizing, and evaluation of equipment and piping systems
* Reviewing equipment drawings, P&IDs, and general arrangement drawings from a mechanical standpoint
* Preparing and reviewing equipment data sheets and equipment lists
* Reviewing and approving vendor drawings in accordance with industry and project codes and standards
* Define project execution plans, scopes of work, work packages, stage gate criteria, and other project execution components for the assigned discipline/scope of work
* Prepare, or assist in the preparation, of the cost estimates and schedules for mechanical accounts for equipment for bids and proposal work
* Preparation of the technical sections of inquiries and purchase orders, review bids and make recommendations leading to the selection of vendors
* Provides management with progress reports on a monthly basis on assigned projects.
* Work on internal processes consistent with corporate standards and policies, and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Complete any additional responsibilities assigned by Management.
* B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 9 years relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries is preferred.Preferred Qualifications
* Familiar with applicable codes and standards - ASME, ANSI, API, NFPA, PSM Mechanical Integrity, etc.
* Experience with design of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, and piping systems
* Proficient in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), and knowledge of software tools (SAP, Meridium, CAD, CAESAR, STAAD, CAEPIPE)
* Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across the organization as well as for mentoring and consensus building.
* Experience executing brownfield plant projects. Superior interpersonal, communication, and written skills are necessary to advance to this level.
* The successful candidate must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and maintenance workflow.
* The successful candidate must have strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way
* Professional Engineering licenseCompetencies
* Project management skills
* Reliability Engineering concepts
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Mechanical Engineer.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles
Coaching And Mentoring