To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Suwanee, GA 30024
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Software Engineer
ARRIS • Suwanee, GA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) is a world leader in entertainment and communications technology. Our innovations combine hardware, software, and services across the cloud, network, and home to power TV and Internet for millions of people around the globe. The people of ARRIS collaborate with the world’s top service providers, content providers, and retailers to advance the state of our industry and pioneer tomorrow’s connected world. Together, we are inventing the future. For more information, visit www.arris.com.
The Software Engineer will be part of a research and development team that designs and develops features on a Cable Modem Termination System. The team is responsible for the user interface and management of the device and interacts with other teams to create new functionality.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• High level programming to develop new CONFIGURE and SHOW commands to support new features.
• Update commands for new functionality as well as resolve discovered issues.
• Update automated test system
• Carry out weekly test runs and analyze test results for issues.
• Debug field issues
Desire 3-5 Years Experience
• Ability to ramp up quickly in C
• Knowledge of C concepts including class structures, class inheritance and STL
• Demonstrate an understanding of standard programming, software engineering techniques and software development tools.
• Candidate must have effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Cisco based CLI
• Experience with industry standard operating systems, compilers, debuggers, source-code control systems and bug trackers.
• Knowledge of real time operating system and/or embedded systems.
• Knowledge of networking, multithreading, and thread synchronization.
• DOCSIS experience
• Expertise in scripting languages like Perl, Ruby, Python, and shell scripting
• Knowledge of testing and writing automatic test scripts
• Strong understanding of Java concepts, and Java programming experience a plus
Minimum Bachelor's degree required in CS, CompE or equivalent.
1 year minimum SW experience
As an EOE/AA employer, ARRIS will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and veteran or disability status.