Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently recruiting for a VP, Behavioral Solutions Sales, Payer Market that will be accountable for selling behavioral health solutions into the Commercial Payer market.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the Eastern or Central Time Zones as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable to sell Optum Behavioral solutions to new and/or existing Payer clients
- Pursue or generate leads for new product or service opportunities to new or existing clients working in coordination with Client Executives and leveraging existing and referral relationships, industry events, qualified leads, and renewal activity
- Responsible for individual growth quota to expand and ensure delivery of Optum's Behavioral solutions
- Frequently partner with other sales executives and/or client managers, or work independently to sell and/or manage sales opportunities for Behavioral solutions to Payer clients
- Possess or develop subject matter expertise and knowledge on Optum Behavioral solutions
- Participate in, and at times own/lead, sales process and client engagement through the sale, coordinating with all necessary parties (ex. legal, pricing, finance, etc.) to close a sale
- Engage, build relationships and sell Optum Behavioral solutions in partnership with client executives to Payer clients
- Cultivate and deepen complex C-level client relationships
- Develop consultative relationships and be a trusted advisor to the client to demonstrate how Optum can provide value for the client to meet their objectives and improve the health system
- Ability to work independently as a strong team player with minimal supervision in a high paced, high intensity environment
- Communicate and present effectively at multiple audiences and levels (listening, written and verbal communication)
- Majority of time is spent out of the office with clients, generally 70% or greater
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience and expertise in the healthcare, consulting, behavioral health, or related industry
- 5+ years of sales, account management experience
- Experience and success advising on and/or selling Behavioral Health/EAP products, preferably in the Payer market
- Deep solution expertise in Behavioral Health/EAP
- Experience and success in leading a consultative sales experience, calling on and influencing senior level and/or C-suite clients, preferably in the Payer market
- Experience in diagnosing client needs and recommending solutions that have measurable and positive business impact
- Experience effectively leading the sales process and working cooperatively with team to achieve sales goals
- Ability to travel frequently, up to 70%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Masters or advanced degree (ex. MBA, MHA)
- Established relationships within Payer market
- Direct experience achieving and/or directly contributing to $30M+ in sales annually for behavioral health solutions
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex, matrix environment with a high level of collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Behavioral Health, Sales, EAP, Payer, health plan, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home