The Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) are seeking an Art Director! This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that’s building a new design hub that will service all of Sinclair’s sports properties. It is essentially a start-up with a brand-new facility and design team.
The Art Director will report to the VP of Creative Services for the RSN Group. They will lead and oversee graphic design projects from conception to delivery including network branding and graphics for all 22 Regional Sport Networks, Marquee Sports Network, Tennis Channel and other Sinclair Broadcast Group sports properties. This includes graphics for live sports events, short and long form content, sales and promotion. You’ll work closely with the department VP and RSN’s production departments to ensure that consistent, top-level creative is maintained across all deliverables that’s in line with the brand guidelines.
- Originate artistic ideas and concepts, develop pitches and operate hands-on with all aspects of network branding design and in-game graphics.
- Direct work of in-house and out-of-house designers which includes Vizrt artists.
- Mentor and supervise in-house team.
- Communicate design objectives clearly and persuasively with artists, internal teams, producers and outside vendors.
- Manage and balance multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Research and recommend designers, and outside design firms.
- Live sports experience is highly desirable.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- College graduate in graphic design or a related field is preferable.
- 5+ years of experience working at a large creative agency or major network.
- Experience working for a sports network as a Creative Director or Graphic Designer highly desirable.
- Expert level knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Cinema 4D and relevant software.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines is essential.
- Very organized and a workflow expert with agile project management software like Jira.
- A passion for sports and designing award-winning creative.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Adobe After Effects