At Merrell, we believe everyone deserves to experience the simple power of being outside. From mountain trails to parks and playgrounds, we all belong in the outdoors. No matter our shape, our size or our race. So we're proud to make durable and versatile products that help get more of us outside together.
The VP of Sales sets strategic direction and provides leadership and general management for the brand's sales organization. This role directs and leads a team to obtain maximum sales volume and deliver high account profitability and productivity, while also identifying new points of distribution.
* Creates and executes sales and distribution strategy; develops specific growth plans by consumer territory, channel, and customer. Identifies new opportunities for sustainable growth.
* Creates and manages revenue and sales expense budgets. Manages seasonal and annual sales planning, forecasting and target-setting.
* Effective and frequent communication with Brand Leadership.
* Maintains positive open lines of communication with all of brand and corporate management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
* Directs, develops, and supports sales organization in achieving sales goals, account management and territory growth.
* Ensure compensation and incentive plans are competitive; establish performance metrics for sales team and aligned with brand growth plans.
* Establish training programs that support brand goals, align with best practices and ensure skills required to perform the functions are established and nurtured, including - presentation skills, product knowledge, account management and retail performance metrics (sales, margin, turn, etc.).
* Directs and manages organizational staffing, evaluation, and development for sales department functions.
* Collaborates with all departments in the Brand to ensure the optimization of resources to support brand growth and priorities, including Marketing, Product Management, Merchandising, and Finance.
* Provide ongoing and consistent feedback to respective category team members on product performance, competitive positioning, and brand perception at retail.
* Maintain and build key customer relationships and communicate sales and distribution strategy, marketing initiatives, product and programs.
* Deep understanding the customer's retail sales, margin and turn requirements.
* Performs duties consistent with the company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
* Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
* Drives for results: Ability and desire to work at both the strategic and tactical levels with proven success at driving for measurable results.
* Strong communicator: Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Ability to communicate articulately and effectively - verbal, written and in presentations.
* Project management: Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines; detail orientated.
* Customer centric: Know your customers and meet and exceed their expectations, every day.
* Innovative. Innovative and intellectually curious thought leader who can constructively challenge conventional ways of thinking and introduce new ideas.
* Effective and efficient: A strong and effective leader who can drive alignment and execution across a matrixed organization.
* Leadership: Excellent interpersonal, advocacy and political skills; excellent reputation for integrity and good judgment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
* Exceptional leadership skills with at least 7 years at the director level, with the ability to inspire and set an all-encompassing sales vision.
* A proven and savvy leader, with exceptional taste level.
* An established understanding of leading with a customer-first mindset
* A proven ability to drive sales strategies that deliver against both financial and brand objectives
* Strong leadership background with a variety of sales concepts, processes and experiences
* Experience leading and collaborating with cross functional teams and influencing across WWW to drive global brand growth efforts
* Knowledge of managing with and within budgetary responsibilities to deliver both top- and bottom-line targets.
* Strong leader, communicator, analytical thinker, demonstrated experience building high performing teams and cross-functional relationships
* Sound understanding of the consumer, retail environment, and competitive marketplace
* Understanding of e-Commerce, its impact, and role in the future of the business
* Business management, financial acumen, and product management skills
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred
* Minimum of 10 years sales experience in consumer products
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
- Account Management
- Attention To Detail
- Business Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness