Your Path Begins Here
At Renaissance Hotels, inspiration comes from the unexpected. Embrace spontaneity and discovery, and celebrate connection with the destination. Join a welcoming and motivated team of Ambassadors who embody the spirit and style of the local neighborhood.
Renaissance Milwaukee West, a premium distinctive hotel is seeking an energized and curious minded Sous Chef. Renaissance Milwaukee West is managed by Concord Hospitality Enterprises, one of the most respected franchisees in the industry. At Concord, we strive to create a culture that allows us to attract and retain the best people in the industry. It’s that culture that has built the outstanding team and has made us the successful company we are today.
Eldr+Rime is a one-of-a-kind, destination restaurant showcasing new American cuisine inspired by modern Scandinavian lifestyle and culinary techniques. Eldr+Rime, which loosely translates to Fire+Ice, highlights grilling over live fire and wood oven roasting while also offering delectable seafood prepared over ice.
Here are some of the great benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance with multiple plan choices to best fit your needs
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group life insurance (provided by the company)
- Voluntary short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company contribution – free money!
- Deeply discounted hotel room stays worldwide
- Exclusive discounts on concert tickets, theme park passes, rental cars, and more
- Verizon wireless discount
- Free parking in structure and easy access to public transportation
- Associate discount on food and beverage
- Clean and secure locker room for personal belongings
- Personal and professional developmental opportunities; classroom training, online training, and educational assistance program
- Oversee culinary operations in collaboration with and in the absence of the Executive Sous Chef. Operational functions include hiring, training, and performance management of associates as well as oversight of food prep, presentation, and quality. Culinary operations apply to all beverage and food outlets including market, restaurant, in-room dining, and banquets (events).
- Collaborate with Executive Sous Chef in overseeing daily kitchen operations and culinary and utility associates.
- Responsible for complete oversight of culinary operations in the Executive Sous Chef’s absence.
- Train and develop culinary associates. Proactively engage in coaching and on-the-job training. Conduct progressive discipline, as needed.
- Assist in and make recommendations pertaining to recruiting, hiring, and separation of associates.
- Assist in scheduling as well as time and attendance management and approval.
- Lead by example; be an ambassador of company and brand values in daily leadership. Promote a positive Associate First Culture; handle situations and make decisions in a calm and professional manner.
- Provide a safe working environment by following established procedures and utilizing proper PPE; carefully handle and operate culinary tools and machinery.
- Master all stations/lines in order to complete functions of prep and line cooks as needed; in addition to train and develop associates on culinary techniques.
- Maintain consistent standards of proper food storage, rotation, portioning, and production.
- Ensure food served is of high quality, properly prepared to recipe, and expedited in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Oversee banquet culinary operations. Partner regularly with sales/catering team and event operations team to properly execute culinary needs for events (banquets).
- Assist with development of events menu for social and corporate events. Ensure all events are properly prepared and serviced (timing, portioning, quality).
- Act as a liaison for communication between events team and kitchen. Coordinate shuttling of food, glassware, plateware, and supplies to and from event space.
- Assist with purchasing duties and maintaining proper inventory.
- Participate in routine departmental and hotelwide company meetings
- Assist in establishing culinary goals and standards aligned with company objectives, reputation, and brand.
- Responsible for physical working conditions of culinary back-of-house operations. Ensure accordance with state and local health department regulations and company requirements.
- Carry out additional reasonable requests by management, which associate is capable of performing.
- Follow policies as outlined in Concord Hospitality Handbooks.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Banquet Chef (or comparable culinary leadership) experience.
- Experience in full service hotel or fine dining preferred.
- Flexible availability required including nights and weekends.
- The annual starting pay for this position is $50,000, depending on experience.
Concord’s foundation is our 5 Key Cornerstones: Quality, Integrity, Community, Profitability, and Fun. We hire the best associates in the market and thus provide a great working environment for all. Enjoy a culture where you are valued and our Associate First policy is a way of life. Utilize your hospitality talents with a Company that cares about you and your development. We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.