$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
What does a Medication Aide do?:
You will be providing medication services and direct resident care, assist in maintaining a positive physical and psychosocial environment for residents. You will help our residents with activities of daily living, housekeeping, laundry and other daily chores.
Why join the Prestige Care Family in the Medication Aide role and what can we offer you?
* See the impact of your expertise and care by interacting with our residents on a daily basis.
* Collaborate with a strong team of health care providers, all while working in a home-like setting.
* The ability to bring pure joy, security and community to our residents and their families.
* Our 35+ year old, family-owned and operated organization (with over 80 locations in 8 states) means we aren’t too small, but not too big. You are known here.
* We have a defined, strong promote-from-within culture. If you want to move up, and you have the drive to build a career in the health care space, you have a home here.
* Many of our communities have deficiency free surveys and win national quality care awards – join the award-winning team!
In this job, every day you will…
1. Responsible for the daily operation of the medication room and medication services as directed by the Health Services Director (HSD) and in accordance with physician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
2. Processes physician medication and treatment orders in accordance with state regulations and the nurse practice act.
3. Administers and assists with the self-administration of routine and non-routine medications in accordance with physician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
4. Completes simple treatments and monitors residents as directed by the health service director in accordance with physician orders, state regulations and the nurse practice act.
5. Maintains accurate records of medication and treatment services provided or omitted, including controlled substances in each resident’s clinical record.
6. Reports and records changes in resident condition, incidents and accidents to HSD, physician and family member as indicated under the direction of the HSD. Completes all incident forms.
7. Assists in lifting, moving and transporting residents using proper body mechanics or assistive devices as directed by the resident’s cooperative service plan.
Education Experience you need to qualify:
* You will need a high school diploma or GED with one or more years of personal care experience with older adults preferred or as required by state regulations.
* You must hold state required medication pass certification or other required certification, complete state required delegation and/or training requirements, and successfully complete the medication pass competency.
* You must have word processing skills and have a current CPR certification, First Aid training, and Food Handlers permit as required by state regulations.
Ways you can advance beyond the Medication Aide role:
Once you master this role, you could consider the Lead Medication Aide, Resident Care Coordinator, Expressions Director, or Executive Director jobs with Prestige Care.
EOE/M/F/VETS/DISABLED – At Prestige, it is our promise to personally touch lives every day. It is a philosophy of caring based on our core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect, that are at the center of all that we do. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents all of us, coming from different experiences, cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. Inclusion is the way we treat one another and how we celebrate what makes us different.:
Questions? Contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Medication Aide - Day Shift
Information About Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind
Located at 200 w. Beech Street in Caldwell, Idaho, Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind has 60 apartments of assisted living, as well as 15 units of memory care.
Autumn Wind is a beautiful community that has a strong reputation in the area as a employer-of-choice, but also, is no stranger to winning awards. They won a “Silver” award through the American Health Care Association in 2017, and recently won the “Best Assisted Living Community” in Canyon County in 2020! Autumn Wind has a long-tenured team, with many team members been there for 10-15 years, so if a stable work environment is important, this would be the place for you.
Our Executive Director has built out a robust employee retention fund to support our staff, and have a competitive and comprehensive benefits package for all full time team members. When help is needed, all department heads pitch in – there is no job too big, or too small – it’s a true team culture at Autumn Wind.
Our Executive Director at Autumn Wind mentions that her leadership style is one where she “ likes to lead by example. I do not ask my staff to perform any task that I would not feel comfortable doing. I actively engage my team in discussions and ask for input on certain decision making, especially when it affects work responsibilities.”
If working in a home-like setting, with a strong team atmosphere, and with a national award-winning employer that has a great promote-from-within culture, then Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind is the place for you.
Who Is Prestige Care?
Prestige Care is a family of over 75 skilled nursing + post-acute care centers, as well as assisted living and memory care communities in 8 Western states. We are an organization of over 5,000 team members who serve thousands of residents, where we have the privilege of personally touching their lives every day.
We have four core values of integrity, trust, commitment, and respect that guide everything that we do. With a strong commitment to career development and advancement, Prestige Care is a employer that can help you achieve your career goals and objectives. With a healthcare career at Prestige Care, you will enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented environment where your work truly matters at the end of every day.
- Personal Care
- Health Care
- Information Security