Responsible for an assigned portfolio of loan and/or deposit relationships with major businesses in the community. Solicits new business, cross sells, administers and services existing business relationships.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Services customers seeking loan and/or deposit relationships with the Bank, interviews applicants to develop information concerning their businesses and requirements, evaluates credit information and makes relationship recommendations.
- Maximizes the Department's profitability through the maintenance of a high quality loan portfolio. Follows current loans to ensure conformity with terms; maintains current and complete credit file.
- Participates in a formal call program to develop new loan, deposit and fee based business.
- Follows market trends and developments to increase the Bank's business in established and developing markets.
- Represents the Bank in civic and community activities. Bachelors Degree or four years relevant experience. Five to seven years credit experience, sales preferred.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Services customers seeking loan and/or deposit relationships. Works closely with internal contacts to service clients.
Manage and retain existing clients.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Not Applicable.Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors Degree or four years relevant experience.
Five to seven years credit experience, sales preferred.
Financial analysis and knowledge of credit principals.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel using diplomacy.
Ability to sell effectively to prospects and clients.
Excellent presentation skills.Education and Experience Preferred:
General knowledge of banking and the Bank's various commercial fee based products.
Applied knowledge of Bank policies and procedures.