Willsupervise, coordinate, facilitate, and provide leadership to employees directly or through Group Leaders. Outline work procedures and assign duties to meet departmental and Company requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
- Provide daily leadership and direction to employees
- Train, advise, and counsel employees on work processes and procedures as well as company policies
- Regulate work flow to ensure maximum use of capacity and efficiency within department
- Ensure project and assignments remain consistent with company practices, policies, and regulations (for example: SOX, OSHA, Management System Standards)
- Interact and support all internal and external customers and set standards that promote good relations and communication
- Research, troubleshoot problems, and corrective actions to allow continuous improvement
- Promote the concept of individual responsibility for quality work and workmanship standards
- Track and monitor departmental performance objectives
- Participate in periodic audits to ensure compliance to company standards
- Participate in recruiting, selection, and development of all operations personnel through maintaining discipline and personnel relations, interviewing screened applicants
- Provide input for hiring, terminations, transfers, salary adjustments, and promotions
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
- Perform other assignments as required
- Able to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to details
- Able to handle multiple tasks, have good organizational skills and a high level of energy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers and project company image to attract business
- Computer skills-intermediate knowledge of e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Professional attitude and demeanor; problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience within the functional area assigned
Attention To Detail
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Production Supervisor -Weekend Shift
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: J3W4116WY4YJJ81GXJF
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 1849, Ducommun is the oldest company in California. Evolving from a hardware supply store opened by Charles Ducommun in Los Angeles during the California Gold Rush, the company assisted in the birth of the aerospace industry in Southern California by providing aircraft aluminum to early aerospace pioneers like Lindbergh, Douglas and Lockheed.
View the full profile
Today, Ducommun is a global provider of manufacturing and engineering services, developing innovative electronic, engineered and structural solutions for complex applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets. Our full-service collaborative approach, broad capabilities and value-added services like new product introduction, supply chain strategies and program management deliver value for our customers and innovative solutions for their complex electronic and structural needs.
Our company is organized to leverage our full spectrum of capabilities through common, companywide processes that create value for the customer and facilitate ease of doing business.
Structural Solutions – Large, complex contoured structural components and assemblies for aerospace and other applications. Our integrated processes include stretch-forming, thermal-forming, chemical milling, precision fabrication, machining, finishing processes, and integration of components into subassemblies.
Electronic Solutions – Full-service manufacturing services for high mix, low volume production of complex electronics used in high cost of failure applications. Key competencies include high-reliability interconnect systems, printed circuit board assemblies, and integrated electronic, electromechanical and mechanical assemblies and systems.
Engineered Solutions – Engineered products and high-tech proprietary systems for defense, aerospace and industrial applications. High-technology product lines include advanced microwave and millimeter wave (RF) assemblies, human machine interface (HMI) products and high-reliability motors and resolvers (MCD). We also provide engineering services in missile and aerospace system design, development, integration, and test.
The Ducommun Way:
Ducommun is guided on its journey to growth by the Ducommun Way, our internal operating methodology for executing successfully, solving problems effectively and finding better ways of serving our customers through a combined focus on operational excellence, organizational development and profitable growth. The Ducommun Way is defining our path for providing the innovative solutions and services our customers require while finding new and untapped ways of growing.