Badcock is one of the largest privately-owned home furniture retailers in the country. We're proud to say that we've been serving the community and providing employment opportunities for more than a century. There are currently more than 340 Badcock stores in eight states, and our headquarters in Mulberry, Florida, employs more than 1,300 people.
We are always looking for smart and talented people to join our team. Whether you are a seasoned professional or you're just embarking on a new career path, our job opportunities offer growth, advancement and competitive pay and benefits. If you've got the drive, we'd love for you to be part of our family.
Employee Benefits Include:
401K PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE
EMPLOYEE MERCHANDISE DISCOUNT
MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION
ON-SITE FITNESS CENTER
PERSONAL AND VACATION PAID TIME OFF
DAYCARE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN
Responsible to properly set up Badcock & more stores according to the merchandise plan and visual merchandise standards under the direction of the Regional Special Projects Manager. This is an entry level traveling merchandising position that requires overnight stay most weekdays and periodic weekends.
- Implement approved furniture/merchandise plan as provided by Visual Merchandising. Making approved adjustments as necessary.
- Assemble and place all merchandise according to plan.
- Provide store manager, and Special Projects Manager with list/plan for placement of MIA Merchandise.
- Assemble all picture easels and place as designated on plan or in accessory area.
- Setup electronics, appliances, sleep shop, backroom bargain areas.
- Unpack, price, categorize, and place all accessories, accent lamps, pictures, mirrors, floral pieces, and trees in Sleep Shop or casual dining area.
- Make up beds with designated linens – queen pillows in all pillow shams.
- Place and plug in all lamps, where appropriate – remove all plastic from shades – seam in back – tag in front. Plug in curios, china hutches, bedroom mirrors, etc.
- Place rugs as designated on plan.
- Coordinate with store personnel to merchandise to ribbon cutting ready – dust, use Windex and clean entire store.
- Make sure all glass in curios and china hutches is installed properly.
- Set up all wall units with TV’s – have operational with DVD or cable.
- Provide guidance to store personnel in set up of appliance and electronics departments.
- Communicate with Special Projects Manager daily on goals and expectations.
- Keep track and collect all tools at the end of each day.
- Assist the Regional Special Projects Manager with various special projects.
- Attend group meetings, seminars and trade shows.
- On-going training with corporate retail ops.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma / GED
- Clean, valid drivers license.
- Ability to travel and stay overnight for days at a time.
- Ability to read floor plans, road maps, etc.
- Ability to assemble furniture using basic tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, co-workers, outside representatives and personnel by telephone, in person, or through written communication; assimilate information and make decisions; work under pressure in a detailed, organized manner.
- Good time-management skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to lift and move furniture up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to sit (drive time), lift, climb, reach, stand, walk, bend, stoop.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
Works indoors in a controlled environment. May have to work in high, precarious places and be exposed to dust or airborne particles.