* Diagnoses equipment malfunction through observation and testing to locate cause of trouble.
* Reads and initials maintenance work order to verify knowledge of order specifications.
* Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
* Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
* Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
* Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
* Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
* Starts devices to test their performance.
* Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, welder and other working tools to make and repair parts.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), at least 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from groups of mangers, vendors, customers, and employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common factions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, and percents. Employee must have a working knowledge of how to use measuring devices, such as tape measures & micrometers.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to know and understand electrical blueprints and diagrams, and have basic knowledge of plumbing and electricity.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Repairing (Computer Systems)