Four generation family business with a state of the art, brand new Design Center in Upper Westside Atlanta. We specialize in high end home furnishings, fabrics and workroom services. Awesome place to work! Job Description
**NOTE TO ALL CANDIDATES: You must leave a message of at least three sentences for us to even look at your application
*** DO NOT come to our store. If we are interested, we will call you.
Overview of the Position:
We seek a Great Personality who is a motivated, friendly, and dependable design professional to join our family business. You will be working closely with the 4th Generation owner! Caring for home owners and design professionals.
- Have selling and half clerical work documenting quotes and writing up orders.
- You will have an administrative assistant for clerical support and order placement
- Helping Clients with Furniture and Reupholstery Purchases
- Sharing product knowledge and brand features
- Writing up orders, placing orders, and monitoring orders for custom furniture.
- Quoting projects for new furniture, custom furniture, and reupholstery of clients existing furniture
- Responding to email inquiries
- Answer phones requests
- Greeting in-store customers
- Helping customers make selections
- Suggest fabrics, furniture, draperies and pillows for clients design projects
- Retail customer interaction and communications
- Vendor interaction to monitor and process orders for high end fabrics and custom furniture
- Establish strong relationships with customers
- Whatever else needs to be done!
- Establish and maintain a reputation of credibility and responsiveness in the market place by promptly returning vendor and customers emails/ phone calls and ensure timely follow up on outstanding issues
- We offer excellent pay and above industry standard benefits.
- An amazing working environment and lots of room for growth
- Wonderful long term co-workers and friendly clients
- Fabulous schedule Tuesday - Saturday// No nights or weekends.
- A good attitude is essential
- Must be punctual and dependable onsite Tuesday - Saturday 9-5
- Trustworthy and honesty essential
- The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the job: Required to stand, walk, talk or hear, use hands and have ability to reach overhead. Regular lifting or moving of up to 5lbs, possibly up to 25lbs. Requires bending, stooping, and ability to climb stairs. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus and ability to write, count, and read required shipping/ company paperwork
- We are a small family business but also and Atlanta institution of over 75 years. We work hard but have a great client base and wonderful co-workers, all in an amazing brand-new design center.
- Non -corporate environment Qualifications
- High school diploma required/ Bachelor's preferred
- Must enjoy staying busy
- Self starter
- 2+ years design experience
- Dependable work schedule onsite Tuesday- Saturday 9-5:30
- Professional demeanor and personal presentation highly coveted with excellent hygiene
IE: Look good, smell good, and dress professionally at all times!
- Significant time management, organization, multi-tasking, attention to detail, and prioritization skills
- Strong computer proficiency
- Ability to take on new responsibilities and work effectively under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to multitask
- Highly organized with dependable follow through essential
-Ability to accept constructive criticism and accept management instruction
- Patience to repeat or redo projects through multiple layers of edits/ revisions
- Experience in furniture or fabric a plus
- Under-promise and over-deliver Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Attention To Detail
- Furniture Design