Provides food and tray delivery to the assisted living and/or skilled care center residents. Sets up and cleans dining room, maintaining or exceeding hospitality and service standards. Assures timely meal delivery and plate preparation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Provides dining service to Residents, guests and family members as needed.
• Prepares trays and serves food according to menus and following therapeutic diet orders.
• Maintains or exceeds standards of appearance, cleanliness, hygiene, and health standards.
• Follows daily and weekly cleaning schedules.
• Gathers meal slips, completed by nursing, before fixing plates for guests or sitters.
• Restocks supplies as needed.
• Maintains all side stations and dining areas using the “clean as you go” policy.
• Keeps work areas clean and maintains sanitary conditions.
• Attends all in-services as required.
• Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures.
• Follows all policies and procedures relating to food service to meet or exceed community standards.
• Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational Requirements and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Previous experience preferred.
• Obtain a TFER (Texas Food Establishment Rules) food handler certification within 60 days upon hire
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Language Ability:
o Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Cognitive Demands:
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
o Supports organization's goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
o Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions.
• Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting.
• Team Members may be exposed to blood and/or body fluids with potential exposure to hazardous materials and infectious diseases.
• Possible exposure to unpleasant odors.
• Possible exposure to chemicals as identified in the MSDS Manual.
• Continuous exposure to residents who are ill, confused, irritable and irrational.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The Team Member is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.