Resp & Qualifications COMPANY SUMMARY:
CareFirst, Inc., and its affiliated companies, generally referred to as CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield (CareFirst), is the Mid-Atlantic region’s largest private sector health insurer, serving the healthcare needs of 3.5 million members in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and portions of northern Virginia. The Company offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and services to individuals and groups, as well as state and federal government sponsored plans. With a market share almost three times that of the closest competitor, the company commands 45 percent penetration across the region.
In July 2018, Brian D. Pieninck assumed the role of President and CEO after serving as the company’s COO of Strategic Business Units and IT Division. Under his leadership, the organization completed an extensive review of its operations and clinical programs, resulting in an expansive 3-year strategy to grow and diversify the company’s core business. Along with a 5-year vision to drive the transformation of the healthcare experience across the continuum of its members, partners, and communities, the company has placed a renewed and intentional focus on fostering a mission-based culture, which drives every decision the company makes. The organization employs over 5,600 full-time employees in Maryland, Northern Virginia, the District of Columbia, and West Virginia. CareFirst has earned multiple workplace awards recognizing its leadership in diversity and inclusion, wellness engagement, and creation of a supportive and equitable work environment for all employees.
At CareFirst, you are part of an inspired, collaborative team that is building the healthcare experience we want for our families and our future. Every day, we make a meaningful difference in the communities where we live and work.
We practice empathy, seek to understand, invest in inclusion, demand equity and nurture belonging every day for our employees and the communities we serve. We rely on the rich diversity of our employees’ experiences and backgrounds to achieve our mission. Every year we host a Week of Equity and Action where we deepen our investment and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. During this week thousands of employees engage in workshops and volunteerism with the goal of bettering themselves and our community.
- Women make up around 70% of CareFirst’s employee population, and over 50% identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and people of color).
- We have 9 resource groups that connect employees over shared identities (LGBTQ, veteran status, race, etc.) and passions (climate change, healthy living, leadership development).
- Employees are encouraged to give back and volunteer in their communities with their civic engagement hours.
As a not-for-profit, CareFirst regularly ranks among the most philanthropic organizations with $65 million invested in the community in 2020 to improve overall health, and increase the accessibility, affordability, safety, and quality of healthcare throughout its market area. The company’s employees consistently add to this impact by devoting thousands of volunteer hours to numerous community organizations and social causes. The company’s continued efforts to reinvest in community health care programs has repeatedly earned CareFirst regional accolades as a leading corporate philanthropist, including the No. 2 and No. 7 spots on the Baltimore Business Journal and Washington Business Journal’s 2019 list of top corporate givers, respectively.PURPOSE:
This incumbent is responsible for leading the infrastructure solution, implementation, and supporting the daily operations in Microsoft products such as Windows, Microsoft 365 suite of products, Active Directory and Exchange Server. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to be the technical lead and Exchange. This individual will be responsible for leading the day-to-day delivery and support of all End User services infrastructures. Being the point of contact for End User Technologies. Implementing the hands-on, practical technology work needed to support solution delivery. This work involves applying systems integration, development, system design, maintaining, configuring, administering, project management and the coordination of service.
Defines, designs and develops system requirements. Performs trade-off analysis of performance, life-cycle cost, risk, producibility, and other system or program requirements. Assesses architecture and current hardware limitations, defines and designs system specifications, and evaluates input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Defines system support requirements to include monitoring, capacity, staffing and patching/updating. Analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Conducts independent technical investigations in systems design.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Under the direction of the Manager of End User Services the incumbent’s accountabilities include, but are not limited to, the following: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Installs, tunes, upgrades, troubleshoots, and maintains all computer systems relevant to the supported applications including all necessary tasks to perform operating system administration, user account management, disaster recovery strategy and networking configuration.
- Develop and implement techniques to prevent system problems, troubleshoots incidents to recover services, and support the root cause analysis.
- Evaluates new systems by performing in-depth tests, including end-user reviews. Researches software and related products to support recommendations and purchasing. Determines systems integration issues by evaluating components; developing and completing performance tests; analyzing test data; studying project requirements; analyzing user and potential user input; evaluating similar and related products and systems. Develop system automation and system integration of business processes.
- Improves engineering job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Acts as a mentor for junior and senior team members.
Individual Contributor - Leads a team utilizing a matrix management system.QUALIFICATIONS:Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Experience:
8 years proven success overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems and applications.
This position's primary responsibility is building a quality infrastructure solution and implementation, leading the efficient operation, development and administration of the corporate server infrastructure. Below is the skillset required:8+ Years’ Experience
4+ Years’ Experience
- Infrastructure Engineer with hands-on experience.
- Extensive experience as primary engineer for Microsoft Exchange on-premises.
- Extensive experience as primary engineer for Microsoft Active Directory on-premises.
- Expert knowledge of Internet email delivery technologies and anti-spam techniques.
- Experience managing Office 365 services including Exchange Online.
- Experience managing Office 365 Exchange hybrid configuration.
- Experience managing ADFS and hybrid cloud identity.
- Experience using PowerShell and other automation tools.
- Experience developing and implementing Identity and Access Management practices.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking, routing, and security.
- Adhere to standard service level agreements for operational and responsive support.
- Ensure that change management process is properly followed for environment changes.
- Interact with customers both internal and external at all levels to provide high level of professional customer care for all clients.
- Exhibits poise and confidence when working with and communicating to our customers and vendors.
- Act as interface with all members of the IT infrastructure, Operations and Security team keeping management and peers informed, disseminate information as needed.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies as required to support the infrastructure.
- Independently resolve problems and support after-hour and weekend activities.
- Providing customer service & support to all customers internal & external.
ITIL Foundations v3 within 180 Days Preferred.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Additional Skills Required
- Knowledge of programming languages and web based technologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to collaborate to solve technical problems across teams.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
Additional Skills Preferred
- LEAD - Ability to facilitate technical requirements gathering and design sessions.
- LEAD - Collaborate and interpret business and technical needs.
- LEAD – Able to advise and guide the technical work of other team members.
- Strong background in security best practices especially around credential and privileged access.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and quality work products.
- Strong customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to perform assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical and documentation skills.
- Excellent time management.
- Experience managing Microsoft Teams, InTune, and OneDrive.
- Experience managing virtual servers and networking.
- Cloud IAAS management.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
- VMWare vSphere management
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager/SCCM experience.
- Mobile Device and Application Management.
- Advanced knowledge of subject matter to be able to Interface with team members on an ongoing basis to ensure installed systems and applications are performing as required and meets the business objectives. Must possess the skills to work with the less experienced Systems Engineers in interfacing with our internal and external customers.
- Creation of detailed project plans in support of assigned larger projects related to technologies required support End User Technologies.Takes the leadership role for the team's assigned projects.
- Assists the Principal Engineer in the evaluation and integration of complex, emerging server, network based and imaging technology, which aligns with business strategy and initiatives for internal as well as external customers. Expand technical and business knowledge through reading, research, on-the-job training, and classroom training.
- This position is also subject to being "on call" for situations requiring immediate resolution.
This position is subject to a Level 6C security requirement which includes but is not limited to, information confidentiality, HIPPA, Sarbans Oxley and code of conduct policies.Department Department:EngineeringEqual Employment Opportunity
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Lead Systems Engineer (Active Directory/Exchange)Federal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship
#LI-DM1 - provided by Dice
- Account Management
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Active Directory Group
- Application Lifecycle Management