To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Denver, CO
- Owens & Minor Medical Inc
- Phone: 01234 567 890
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Learning & Development Consultant
Owens & Minor, Inc. • Denver, CO
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Utilizes subject matter expertise to identify and proactively address opportunities to increase the effectiveness of Owens & Minor Sales teammates and processes, to conduct performance gap analyses and to develop and deliver training (examples: consultative selling skills, technical skills sets, onboarding and development) to teammates at all levels of the company. Champions the value of sustained learning to sales leaders and teammates, while becoming a trusted advisor within the organization. Partners closely with sales leadership and Human Resources Talent Management teammates to assess needs, develop, implement and measure the success of strategies and development programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Collaborates with sales leadership to design and implement domestic training strategies and programs that will proactively improve the effectiveness of O&M sales teams, processes and customer interactions. Acts as a trusted advisor to internal business partners.
2. Regularly assesses and analyzes the learning needs of the sales organization based on current and future strategic plans. Translates and documents training needs into requirements for new or updated sales programs.
3. Utilizes subject matter expertise to conduct performance gap analyses. Designs and develops course curriculum, programs to address performance gaps. Gains feedback and approval for programs aligned to corporate and regional strategies.
4. Partners with team to determine the most effective training methodologies, mediums and timing to use for various audiences.
5. Develops content both internally and in partnership with external vendor partners; Manages and maintains strong working relationships with vendor partners.
6. Conducts on-site facilitation and/or delivery of training programs as an educator, train-the-trainer or event facilitator. Delivers training through classroom sessions, workshops, or individual coaching and/or in conjunction with SME's (subject matter experts) or other business resources, as needed. Arranges for the production and distribution of training materials.
7. Engages in activities to further develop current and successfully onboard new sales professionals. Provides sales leaders the requisite training to assist their efforts to coach, develop, lead and acclimate their sales teams within the Owens & Minor culture and toward maximizing their salesmanship potential.
8. Measures and reports on the effectiveness of sales training programs. Continuously seeks feedback, ideas and suggestions to improve training effectiveness, training policies and new training initiatives.
9. Pro-actively researches and identifies opportunities to apply new technology to improve business productivity and to deliver learning programs.
10. Keeps up-to-date with trends, developments and best practices in the learning field. Researches new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning.
11. Leverages communication and leadership skills. Acts as a catalyst to ensure that regional programs and learnings are leveraged across the sales organizations.
12. Engages in Learning Industry forums (i.e., ASTD) to benchmark and continuously make improvements against best practices and trends.
13. Creates relationships with key executives and builds trust and credibility within the organization.
14. May provide input into the development of internal procedures designed to ensure the adoption of learning processes within the sales organizations and to maintain the consistency and quality of training programs developed for the organization.
15. May provide input into the assessment of return on investment of sales training programs under consideration for budgeting purposes.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Up to 50% travel may be required during certain times of the year.
2. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in education or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
Advanced degree or certification(s) in education or sales disciplines, preferred.
Minimum, 5 (five) years of experience in the field of learning and development or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
Minimum, 3 (three) years of experience in learning and development.
Prior experience in a Fortune 500 corporate operating environment with a proven track record of cross functional collaboration, working directly with customer-facing sales associates and leaders and the ability to build trusted partnerships with all levels of an organization, preferred.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Extensive knowledge in the areas of sales, distribution operations, sales leadership and cross functional collaboration.
Extensive knowledge of adult and sustained learning curriculum principles.
Deep knowledge of sales and distribution operations, principles and processes.
Ability to identify and analyze organizational needs and business opportunities.
Demonstrated ability to design, build and implement learning programs.
Ability to gather requirements and build and/or facilitate the building of content for training courses.
Ability to effectively work with senior levels of Company leadership.
Ability to manage relationships and direct the work of vendors.
Ability to demonstrate leadership presence and gain the trust of field partners.
Effective verbal and written communication skills to influence decision makers.
Superior presentation and facilitation skills.
Effective persuasion and negotiation skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Proficiency with sales software (i.e., Salesforce) and office productivity software and learning tools (i.e. Video, Webinars, Coaching Tools).