Located in the Central Region (preferably in Detroit, MI, Toledo, OH Columbus, OH or Chicago, IL), you will join a team of Digital Solutions Engineers (DSEs). Your primary mission will be to provide product hardware-based technical expertise to resellers and third party service providers on Canon production level digital imaging products through direct on-site service. As our product expert, you will draw upon your previous experience supporting Digital Imaging Products as you address dealer questions and concerns that could not be resolved via our Technical Support Center.
- Provide urgent and high visibility third-level technical support on-site and phone support to Canons dealer network field technicians and/or Canon resellers. Troubleshoot electro mechanical and connectivity based issues, providing timely and cost effective solutions and ensuring Canon products meet all manufacturing and operational specifications.
- Provide detailed and thorough documentation of field activities, allowing for proper cross-communication between senior management, sales and domestic Engineering groups.
- Author technical documentation for publication to Canons technical support websites.
- Provide reports with recommendations for current and future product improvements.
- Install and de-install devices and provide technical expertise at Canon tradeshows and other events.
- Provide field technical seminars / training on Canon products and servicing best practices to authorized Canon dealers.
- Provide technical expertise to resellers and third party service providers.
- Associate's degree in electronics or equivalent training in military or trade school is preferred. Canon Digital Technician ATSP certification preferred.
- A+, Net+, or equivalent network/connectivity certification preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of experience troubleshooting and repairing Canon or other manufacturers production level digital imaging products. Must have an understanding of computer platforms and general application software.
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams, proper use of digital multi-meters for the troubleshooting of both AC/DC voltages.
- Must be willing to travel approximately 85% of the time and work overtime as required, including periodic 24/7 customer support, often on short notice. Travel area is primarily Midwest U.S.A. but may include occasional national coverage.
- Work experience with a copier manufacturer is highly preferred
- Self-motivated, customer-focused individual able to work with minimal supervision to identify root failures and provide effective resolutions.
- This position requires the ability to lift 50lbs.
- Requires approximately 70 % overnight travel. This position requires driving for company business as an essential function of the job and must remain in compliance with company safety guidelines and policies
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2018 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2019. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting URL blocked - click to apply
and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact URL blocked - click to apply
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site URL blocked - click to apply
, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
#LI-NF1 #CUSA #CBNR #DICE