Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is immense.
PURPOSE: This position will support Lincoln’s value-proposition as “The Welding Experts” by providing design-related assistance to customers and specifiers of welding. The individual will conduct educational technical seminars sponsored by Lincoln and industry-groups (AWS & AISC), write handbook articles, technical papers, and participate in research forums. The successful candidate will actively participate on consensus design-related codes sponsored by AISC and AWS, with an emphasis on supporting issues that increase the quality and reduce the cost of welded construction and design.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Provide structural design-related assistance that leads to dependable and economical welded connections, making welding the preferred method of connecting materials
- Providing technical services to customers and specifiers of welding
- Conduct educational technical seminars sponsored by Lincoln and industry-groups (AWS & AISC), write handbook articles, technical papers, and participate in research forums
- Actively participate on consensus design-related codes sponsored by AISC and AWS, with an emphasis on supporting issues that increase the quality and reduce the cost of welded construction and structural design
- BS in Engineering is required with a concentration in Structural, Welding, Mechanical, or Materials (Metallurgy); MS or PhD and Professional Registration desirable or must be capable of pursuing Professional Registration.
- Minimum of five years related experience in the structural design industry
- Previous Welding Engineering experience is a plus
- Ability to develop and make professional presentations; excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Must be able to determine the right course of action, able to develop a plan to accomplish the goal, and encourage others to follow
- Must be able to independently analyze complex problems and develop solutions
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally (20% travel typical, up to 40%)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)