Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing firm, has an immediate opportunity for a Desktop Support Technician to support a Windows Refresh project for one of our top clients in Tewksbury, MA! Please find the details below.
If interested and believe you are 80% qualified, please email your word resume to Gillian Gray at Email blocked - click to apply.
Desktop Support Tech Overview
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Length: 6 months – 1 years with the possibility to convert perm (This assignment is anticipated to last 6-12 months; however, Apex Systems cannot guarantee the length of this assignment.)
Shift: Monday – Friday; 8 AM – 5 PM
Pay: $15 – 18/hr – negotiable based on experience
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and repair of OS's, MS Office Suite products including Outlook email and calendar issues, a variety of 3rd party software applications.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues for both PCs and laptops (HP environment)
- PC/Laptop parts replacement down to the system board level
- Apple iDevice support
- Imaging, data wiping, and asset control
- Detailed ticket documentation
- New hire deployments
- International travel laptop deployments
- VTC and A/V meeting support
- PC refresh deployments
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 2-4 years of consistent experience in IT Deskside/Desktop support, consisting of either refresh project support, break/fix support, or combination of both.
- At least 2 years in an enterprise type environment with 1000+ end users.
- Excellent Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office Suite trouble shooting skills, as well as hardware trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, customer service skills, multi-tasking skills, ticket management/documentation skills, written and verbal communication skills, and Windows 10 configuration skills REQUIRED.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and collaborate with various team sections and groups.
- Service Now ticket system experience a PLUS.
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance; direct deposit, weekly pay, and our referral program*
Is this opportunity not exactly what you are looking for? No problem! We have offices and opportunities across the country—visit our Talent Network to see what else is out there: URL blocked - click to apply
f race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Resolve Technical Issue
Provide User Support
Provide Technical Assistance
Provide Desktop Support