Altec Industries is seeking Manufacturing Engineers for our Focus Factory located in Roanoke, VA.
Altec Roanoke specializes in the manufacturing and final assembly of aerial devices, cranes and digger derricks.
- Lead, participate, and support Kaizen Events
- Drive process and operational improvement through the implementation of the Altec Production System
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by identifying and eliminating waste, improving quality and supporting a safe work environment
- Approach challenging issues with a positive attitude, looking for win-win solutions
- Become an expert in manufacturing processes by working directly with production associates
- Communicate with supervisors, group leaders and production associates to support production efforts and resolve issues
- Initiate and support cost reduction efforts through supply chain management, design for manufacturing and process improvements
- Work closely with design and quality engineering, as well as sales to meet customer expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required, excludes Technology degrees
- EIT registration or ability to obtain registration required
- Good analytical, verbal and written skills required
- Microsoft Office Suite and other office management applications required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision
Should the selected candidate meet the qualifications of a more experienced level in the career path, the job level may be adjusted.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
Retirement 401(k) Program
Vacation and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Assistance Program
Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.
- Process Improvements (Business)
- Supply Chain Management
- Manufacturing Processes
- Engineer In Training