The Practice Coordinator is responsible for supporting and maintaining the practice both administratively and operationally. Administratively, by supporting the TH Hospital Medicine (THHM) Facility Medical Director, VP of Client Service, Regional Medical Director, and TH HM provider staff, and by working with hospital administration to ensure all needs are being met.
Operationally, by accurately identifying, and accounting for each patient seen in the hospital by the hospitalist physicians. The Practice Coordinator is responsible for obtaining, reconciling and forwarding all required documents of each in-patient medical record to the designated Billing Center. Upon completion of preparing each batch, the Practice Coordinator will maintain accurate data to report the number of records being sent and specific key measures from those visits. Additionally, he/she will work with the facility to gather key facility metric data for dashboards. The individual in this position is required to perform to productivity standards and meet target goals as outlined by the Practice Coordinator Supervisor.
- The Practice Coordinator has the responsibility to carry out duties as directed by TeamHealth.
- The Practice Coordinator shall communicate on a regular basis with the designated TeamHealth Supervisor.
- The Practice Coordinator will follow and maintain patient confidentiality appropriate with HIPAA compliance standards at all times.
- Will access hospital information systems, or work with facility staff to procure patient demographic and insurance data to ensure correct billing information and updates are sent to the billing center.
- Coordinate completion of all clinical documentation from physicians; and proactively work with medical director to ensure complete documentation and signatures.
- Alert Supervisor and seek assistance from TeamHealth when an activity or process change at the facility changes or deviates from the current process.
- Achieve and maintain individual target goals for the facility as designated by the Supervisor.
- Maintain professional appearance and performance at all times.
- Support Facility Medical Director, VP of Client Services, Regional Medical Director, and TH HM provider staff.
- Monthly TH HM administration meeting - scheduling of meeting, agenda preparation, and minutes.
- Monthly provider meeting - scheduling of meeting, agenda preparation, and minutes.
- Facilitate provider scheduling changes and notification.
- Monthly collecting and tracking of key data for dashboards and GMS updates.
- Completion of dashboards and GMS.
- Message and mail distribution.
- Miscellaneous duties or tasks as assigned by leadership (i.e. brochure distribution, marketing, Call Back Program, PCP Notification Program, etc.).
- The Practice Coordinator shall obtain a copy of the in-patient records for each patient upon discharge.
- The Practice Coordinator shall insure that each medical record contains the following items prior to the batching process.
- Physician chart, including H&P and Discharge Summary, all daily progress notes, etc.
- Hospital face sheet to include patient demographic information
- Insurance information (copy of the insurance card when available)
- Physician Orders
- Code Sheets (if applicable)
- The batch is then assembled with all complete records reconciled to the discharge report.
- The Practice Coordinator shall ship work to the designated Billing Operations Center (BOC). The Practice Coordinator is responsible for maintaining supplies necessary to accomplish this task.
- The Practice Coordinator shall communicate with their TH HM Supervisor and TH HM physicians when records are identified as incomplete. If the said record is not completed within the acceptable time frame, notification will be communicated to your TH HM Director, Facility Medical Director, Vice President of Client Services, and Regional Medical Director as needed.
- The Practice Coordinator is expected to identify and retrieve all missing or incomplete records in a timely manner.
- The Practice Coordinator will assume tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor or designated TeamHealth HM staff.
- The Practice Coordinator shall develop and maintain a positive working relationship with hospital staff.
- The Practice Coordinator shall work the number of assigned hours per weeks and complete a time sheet weekly. KRONOs may be used, and is the preferable method of reporting time and should be used instead of the manual paper time sheet.
- Vacation and time off is to be scheduled in advance to ensure the workflow is not interrupted
General knowledge of the medical record process, with a least one-year experience in a hospital or physician office setting with an understanding of patient registration and medical documents is preferred. Clerical and reconciliation experience as well as the ability to maintain record keeping.
- BA or equivalent job experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work independently with speed and accuracy
- Detailed oriented with efficient time management abilities
- Excel and word proficient
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with coworkers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from HM PC Job Description 090113 the Supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Since the position is remote to TeamHealth Hospital Medicine, it requires an individual who has the ability to work independently. The individual must be conscientious about reporting to management and must maintain the shipping schedule as defined by TeamHealth management.
- Job performed in a well-lit work area (or designate area of the hospital)
- Occasional lifting/carrying (usually 10 pounds or less)
- Prolonged sitting
- Prolonged standing
- Prolonged work on a photocopier, scanner, fax and PC
- Occasional telephone work
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, and fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week
Training And Development