To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Southfield, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Southfield, MI
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calls on accounts that are delinquent or over the credit limit to effect collection of moneys due.
- Uses judgment to assist customers in bringing to resolution any credit/collections problems that prevent them from making timely payment of their account(s).
- Researches misapplied payments, short paid invoices, credits taken twice, and sales tax adjustments to determine and implement possible solutions.
- Creates duplicate copies of invoices or credits for accounts at customers’ requests.
- Resolves customer problems through interaction and consultation with other MSC Associates to maximize customer retention.
- Enters credits and adjustments as required and provides proof of deliveries through online resources.
- Calls on assigned accounts and follows-up until the balances are paid or sends account to the Legal area.
- Fosters MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Minimum of two years commercial credit and/or collections experience is required
- Good CRT, PC, and D&B skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are also required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.