Do you want to make a significant impact? True Value has an opportunity to join the Transportation Team.
Revolutionize Wholesale and contribute to the success of the Transportation Team. We are a dynamic team committed to driving True Value’s aggressive growth as the only nationally branded hardlines wholesaler that celebrates independent retailers.
- Embraces personal and professional development
- Values diverse perspectives
- Provides competitive compensation
- Committed to volunteerism and community outreach
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
The Transportation Supervisor is responsible for overall Transportation services functions including freight billing/payment activity. You will be responsible for administration, oversight, and reporting of all transportation specific vendor compliance programs. The Transportation Supervisor will be responsible for resolution of all transportation related OS&D activity and is one of the key owners of the direct business relationship with freight payment and 3rd party freight audit companies. You would be responsible for the administration of transportation related member pass through billing. In addition, the Transportation Supervisor will document and drive process adherence consistent with True Value Internal Audit adn all applicable government regulations. You would be responsible for the day to day operations of True Value transportation administrative services and tasked with identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Administer all freight billing/payment activity in alignment with commercial carrier's terms and conditions. Oversee activity of freight payment provider adn 3rd party audit firms. Ensure accurate and timely posting of expenses and documentation of all associates processes. Responsible for all transportation related expenses assigned to the correct P&L general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for administration, oversight, and reporting of all transportation specific vendor compliance programs estimated to average ~1.2M in annual revenue. Take leadership role overhauling vendor compliance programs in partnership with cross functional peers. Partner with key stakeholders to drive compliance and corrective action when necessary.
- Oversight to the freight debit denial process specific to True Value managed shipments as well as timely review, processing, and reporting. Provide leadership to the resolution of claims with carriers. Partner with key stakeholders to drive process improvement and minimize write offs to RDC's.
- Provide operational direction and oversight for creation of repetitive and sustainable business processes that are well documented, audited frequently, and constantly reviewed for continous improvement; includes payment, freight audit, and member facing program strategies. This also includes setting annual objectivies and budgetary goals for organization.
- Responsible for developing and supervising staff; responsible for personnel development, establishing annual goals/objectives, and ongoing performance management.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Federal and State transportation regulations
- Must be proficient in MS Office products - MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical background/experience
- Strong leadership skills & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (Merchandising, Supply Chain, Engineering) or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Business Process Improvement
Complex Problem Solving