Supply Chain – Supplier Quality Engineer
Looking for a solid Supply Chain Engineer with a background in Supplier Quality Engineers in optics and opto-mechanical technologies. This person will be responsible for designing, manufacturing, setting & managing the quality/reliability standards for the companies telecommunications product. This person will work on establishing multi-tier supply chain & improve/maintain the quality of sustaining optical components/modules throughout the life cycle. This person will also drive sourcing diversity, quality & cost. This person will need to be hands on with extensive involvement in the tools/techniques used to assess product manufacturability, quality and reliability. This experience should have strong partner management skills and enjoy sifting through data and use it to drive design or manufacturing process improvements and establish/maintain strong supply chain relationships.
• Lead/manage end-to-end sustaining product internal & external quality metrics - metric calculation, trend review, metric resolution, internal reporting, etc
• Develop/Implement Supplier quality programs including continuous quality improvement initiatives.
• Drive/Execute RMAs (Returned Material Authorization) & failure analyses, establish root causes, & drive corrective actions.
• Perform regular audits of Supplier Manufacturing facilities & assess production control/quality programs, identify shortfalls to expectation, & directly secure resolution.
• Lead management of product change notifications (PCNs) & drive appropriate evaluation/qualification with Engineering Teams.
• Work closely with design engineering to implement new designs & provide inputs on manufacturing difficulties/costs.
• Degree or equivalent experience in Optics, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of experience as a component/quality/reliability/product engineer in optics, opto-mechanical and opto-electronics.
• Experience developing process quality plans & audits and driving corrective actions/failure analysis efforts.
• Experience with optical transceiver quality/reliability concepts & general manufacturing operations.
Experience with multiple of these specifics is a plus but transferable skills & experience could be equally valuable.
• Understanding of optical transceiver components/modules design, manufacturing, characterization, qualification, testing, quality, reliability.
• Scripting/coding abilities - SQL, Python, MatLab.
• Project management experience of problem solving tools - Design of experiments, root cause analysis, & statistical process control principles.
• Experience in leading product/process nonconformance - CAR, 8D/RMAs, failure analysis & reporting.
- Continuous Quality Improvement (Cqi)
- Design Of Experiments
- Failure Analysis
- Lead Management