About Fresenius Kabi
Fresenius Kabi is a global health care company that specializes in lifesaving medicines and medical technologies for infusion, transfusion and clinical nutrition. Our expansive portfolio of products and global network of science and manufacturing centers provide essential support for the care of critical and chronically ill patients. We are part of Fresenius SE, a health care group with more than 100 years of experience in pharmaceuticals, medical devices and life sciences. Our employees – more than 30,000 worldwide – develop and deliver injectable pharmaceuticals and infusion systems; blood collection, transfusion and cell technologies; and essential nutrients for parenteral nutrition.
Whether you work for us, buy from us, partner with us, or invest in us, you will come to know that caring is at the core of everything we do. Our purpose is to put lifesaving medicines and technologies in the hands of people who care for patients, and to find answers to the challenges they face every day.
We currently have an opportunity for a Logistics Analyst to be based in our Bensenville, IL Distribution Center. The Logistics Analyst is responsible for research and analysis of the Fresenius Kabi transportation network. The Analyst will be responsible for project coordination and management, develop/modify standard operating procedures, metrics development and reporting, costing lane segments for the Logistics department, and reporting and/or developing data from various sources for analysis.
- Analyze transportation network to identify, measure and present optimal balance between capacity, service requirements and costs
- Work with the Logistic Manager to develop standardized operating procedures across all facilities to ensure consistency of performance
- Participate in analysis for budgeting and re-forecasting purposes
- Support daily outbound shipping activities and adherence to customer schedule
- Perform analysis on existing and future network of routes and site locations to optimize service and costs
- Develops/Streamlines processes with our Freight, Pay & Audit vendor
- Assess software tool capabilities toward the goal of automating metrics
- Support the creation of month-end accruals for Finance. Reports will be used in monthly metrics
- Collect and analyze data, both internal and external, using various computer programs to assist operations in problem identification and resolution
- Prepare analytical results into meaningful written documentation and presentation material for leadership review
- Collaborate with freight forwarders and carriers on a routine basis regarding performance issues and resolution
- Track transportation performance metrics measuring key performance indicators and publish/present to various levels of management
- Partner with A/P associates, carrier A/R reps, and internal stakeholders to ensure payment terms are met and that freight audit related savings are accurately captured and reported
- Work with DC Management and departments to ensure on-time inbound and outbound shipping and address carrier compliance issues
- Collect historical data to determine baseline datasets for all modes of transportation and partner with Logistic Manager/Procurement to prepare for bidding of transportation network. Perform analysis of RFP responses, identify optimal scenarios, and assess impact to budgets
- Manage data logger inventory and web portal shipment creation for track/trace to monitor product temperatures in transit
- Read and analyze data logger temperatures for inbound transit to support QA product release
- Perform all other assigned duties
- Bachelor’s degree required and 3-5 years’ experience in transportation and supply chain.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects while working in a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Business Intelligence (BI) reporting platforms required
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing and manipulation very large datasets.
- Previous experience with SAP preferred
- Experience utilizing Key Performance indicators to benchmark performance is preferred
- Knowledge of the transportation industry including contract pricing, regulations, and general operations
- Must be able to travel as needed
Process Improvements (Business)
Business Process Improvement
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)