A Global Leader in Business Events
PCMA is the world’s largest and most forward-thinking community for Business Events Strategists and organizers, providing senior-level education, networking and market intelligence for the global business events industry.
Our vision is to drive global economic and social transformation through business events.
Headquartered in Chicago, PCMA world class management team oversees 17 chapters throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico with members in more than 40 countries globally – and growing!
We hire ambitious, capable professionals who thrive on entrepreneurial spirit, collaboration and who what to “Change the Way the World Works”. Our people are passionate about progress, welcome constant change and understand the value of engagement and success. We love coming to work because we believe in our products, services, and our culture.
Above all, our People are valued. They play a meaningful role in building solutions and shaping the future of PCMA. We believe that having a diverse workforce is not enough, we also need to build a culture of inclusion that leverages the strengths of all our employees.
The Learning Content & Research Developer Role:
The Learning Content & Research Developer is accountable for research and content development across our suite of learning solutions/digital products from pre-planning to authoring to production and go-live. You will work closely with the product development, product marketing and extended business teams to identify, create and enhance market-driven and adaptive learning products, courses, and resources. The Learning Content & Research Developer collaborates with the production team and global/regional thought leaders, experts, and vendors/partners to develop authoritative and creative new content and valuable, scalable, and profitable solutions for omnichannel learning.
- Engage with business events community leaders/professionals and management teams to develop programmatically focused education products, courses, and programs to market and/or external trainers/providers.
- Assess best practices in the field and write and design new content and education/training products with use of technology for teaching and learning design for active learners.
- Monitor changes in global-regional-local markets, drawing on intelligence from the business to create programs that meet changing circumstances.
• Create a culture of continuous learning among Business Events community leaders and HR professionals in support of team development, organizational growth, and industry impact.
- Develop and Lead Research projects with research firms, customer groups, business and thought leaders to advance industry and develop solutions and training and skills development of leaders and professionals.
•Act as content and learning champion, liaising with product development, authors, subject matter experts, vendors, digital developers, production, product marketing and extended business units from establishing strategic learning content products to go-to market readiness.
- Create e-learning strategies, instructional design, and programs in the development of courses, content, course examinations, etc. in conjunction with Product lead and Program Managers.
- Undertake skills audits to identify training needs and to design, upgrade or revise current portfolio of education products and courses to assess their impact and relevance.
- Prepare L&D roadmaps, assessments, learning measurement and reports in conjunction with Product lead for executive leadership, escalating any issues or risks as they are identified.
- Manage sourcing, selection, and partnerships with agencies, consultants, program facilitators, knowledge experts, speakers, content developers.
- Assist in training experts and content contributors in various platforms to prepare content and learning resources; continually monitor content in development to ensure experts addressing needs of the market; and provide expert feedback on content quality, style, resources, etc.
- Maintain relationships with various parties throughout the content development process, including internal teams and external stakeholders.
You will bring with you to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Marketing, Journalism, or relevant background.
- 8+ years working experience in content development, Marcom, journalism, copywriting, business strategy in global organization.
- Strong contextual writing, content development skills, and excellent grammar.
- Outcome, data-driven researcher, and logical thinker with ability to draw actionable insights.
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning principles, assessments, and design methodologies.
- Ability to influence across complex organizational and global boundaries, and diverse cultures.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge developing scalable, repeatable digital learning solutions, leveraging technology, from initial assessment through final implementation.
- Knowledge and experience developing storyboards using EdTech and other learning and/or authoring tools (Articulate Rise preferred).
- Ability to manage program P&L budgets, spend, and forecasting.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
• Ability to perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time in performing the work.
• Ability to walk for extended periods of time in performing the work.
• Ability to pull or push objects of varying weights in performing the work.
• Ability to grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation).
• Ability to travel by air or ground transportation as required in performing the work.
PCMA currently requires, as a condition of employment, that employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine and follow all other PCMA COVID-19 safety protocols, unless the employee is granted an exemption in accordance with applicable laws.
PCMA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
- Adult Education
- Content Creation
- Critical Thinking