WSFS is looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to support the Bank’s Digital Transformation initiative. The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for driving information and data architecture decisions in alignment with enterprise information and data architecture principles. The Enterprise Data Architect will partner with IT Business Partner(s), and Business Unit stakeholders to develop and deliver long-term strategic goals for the Bank’s data architecture vision and standards. The Enterprise Data Architect will lead discussions on data strategy definition in order to sustain the data strategy and target data architecture while ensuring adherence to data architecture principles, guidelines, and standards. The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for the development of Enterprise and project level end to end data landscape diagrams including determining approaches to hydrating an enterprise data lake with data from internal and external data sources, creating Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models while working within Data Architecture Guiding Principles. The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for defining the Assessment & Migration strategy for On-Premise Data Platform to the Cloud. The Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for analyzing moderately complex data systems and document data elements, data flow, relationships, and dependencies and identifying data and solution patterns and taxonomies. The Enterprise Data Architect will perform statistical analysis of business data and will design and create data reports and reporting tools to help business executives determine business strategy.
The schedule is a 40 hour work week M-F 8:00AM - 5:00PM and is located at our Operations Center in North Wilmington, DE, Bank Center in Wilmington, DE or Bank Place in Philadelphia PA.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Management, Computer or Software Engineering or a related technology discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience and at least 3 to 5 years of data design experience. Prior banking or financial services industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with Data Warehouse architecture, implementation, standardization and data quality management.
- Experience with Data Modeling, AWS S3 knowledge, and SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience in a data analysis working with major database platforms such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and IBM DB2
- Experience with high-scale or distributed RDBMS
- Deep Data governance knowledge (defining policies, access models, information organization methods, data quality - FAIR, FDA DIA etc.)
- Must have a basic understanding of major banking principles, processes, and technologies
- Strong presentation, verbal and written and graphical communications skills.
- Must have the ability to present effectively to end users and senior managers, to translate business needs into technical solutions, and to analyze and streamline processes
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed environment
- Proven attention to detail
- Must possess strong time management and organizational skills to be able to successfully deliver multiple projects simultaneously within tight timeframes.
- Must have demonstrated aptitude for creativity and complex problem-solving
- Must have the strong desire to learn, grow, and constantly face new challenges
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
- Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
- The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
- This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, decision making, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
- This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
- Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
- Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
- Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
Data Warehouse Architectures