To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
- Rifton Westby
- Phone: 2122923826
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Support Specialist, New York/Greenwich
TEKsystems, Inc • New York, NY
Posted 1 month ago
Under the general direction of the US IT Service Delivery Manager and according to established policies and procedures, the IT Support Specialist will work as part of the U.S. IT Support team, alongside seven other U.S. IT Support Analysts (based in the San Diego, San Francisco, New Haven and Greenwich, CT and New York, NY offices).
The individual's primary work base will be the New York (4 days) / Greenwich (1 day) offices, but occasional travel may be required to the New Haven, CT office to assist with Service Desk cover (holiday and sickness) and to work on projects as needed. Service Desk cover for offices other than the primary work base will be handled remotely unless travel to another location is necessary. Please note that when needed in another US office, the firm will reimburse for travel to and from other US offices.
* Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., including a one hour lunch break. Flexibility is a must for early start or late shifts as needed to accommodate projects and service desk hours of operations.
* On a rotating basis with the Service Desk staff, on-call shifts during weeknights, firm holidays and weekends will be required.
Key IT Support Tasks and Essential Duties
* Support the Microsoft Office 2013 suite, Mimecast, iManage 9.0 and other legal software such as Workshare Professional, Elite Enterprise and Web, BigHand digital dictation software, AccuRoute, HotDocs, pdfDocs, InterAction, Contract Express, Forms WorkFlow and eDockets.
* Answer the Global IT Service Desk telephone and deal with first/second line calls, providing desk-side assistance as appropriate.
* Floor walk to assist with and resolve IT issues (using remote control software where appropriate).
* Log calls in the Service Desk call logging software (vFire) to ensure incidents are escalated via the correct procedure and close calls when a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
* Build and support laptops, desktops, printers and mobile devices such as iPhones and Androids.
* Meet with all new hires and set up their remote access technology needs (laptop, mobile devices, Cisco VPN, Duo Security, Citrix Access).
* Able to train and assist with MS office 2013 questions, Adobe Acrobat, Client relationship management database (Interaction), DeskSite, FileSite, Workshare, Mimecast, Elite and other firm software
* Administer the hardware and software inventory; add/remove new joiners and leavers into the call logging system and ensuring our records are kept fully up to date.
* Assist with the setup of conference rooms with laptops, remote presentation and technical support of the existing Cisco video conferencing equipment.
* Assist the Global IT Systems team with on-site server related tasks.
* Correctly diagnose PC, laptop and printer hardware faults and liaise with 3rd party engineers. Repair calls should be carried out within reasonable time scales and monitored to resolution.
* Inform the US IT Service Delivery Manager of any escalating support issues in order that they may be resolved within reasonable time scales.
* Provide desk side assistance as appropriate.
* Prep and troubleshoot video conferencing system connections before or if need be during meetings.
* Able to provide on-site coverage in the New Haven, CT office as needed; able to occasionally travel to other US offices as needed.
* Work on projects as required.
* Windows 7 / 8 / 10 Professional
* Active Directory environment and Exchange 2010
* MS Office 2010/13/16
* MUST have experience with a Document Management System - preferably iManage 9.0/10 (Advanced)
* Workshare Professional
* Omtool AccuRoute
* Time Management/Recording - TimeBuilder and Elite
* IP networking and remote user requirements, including Citrix and VPN
* Supporting mobile devices - iPhone, iPad and Android
* Duo Security (2FA)
* Service Desk ticketing system - vFire
* PC hardware (HP desktops and Lenovo laptops), HP Laser printers and Canon multifunction devices configuration of laptops
* Ability to correctly analyze and diagnose PC, Printer and Laptop faults
* Law firm applications - HotDocs, BigHand, pdfDocs, Acrobat Reader Professional, Contract Express, Forms WorkFlow and eDockets
* Experience supporting audio visual conferences using Cisco equipment
* Must have at least three years of experience in a law firm environment
Skills and Personal Qualities
* Must possess good problem solving skills and a calm and focused attitude
* Able to troubleshoot and resolve problems methodically and logically
* Needs to be a pro-active team player but have the ability to work and focus on tasks independently of others
* Good administration/clerical skills for updating records
* Excellent communication skills including keeping users regularly updated with progress of job
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
* Empathize with user frustrations; capable of dealing with people in a calm, effective manner
* Fast learner, adaptable, able to work under pressure
* Enthusiastic and friendly with a good sense of humor
* Enjoys being a team player
* Flexible approach to working hours during upgrades and other ad hoc duties carried out by IT
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.