Ameristar Perimeter Security is a group brand of ASSA ABLOY, the global leader in access solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. Ameristar is based in Tulsa, Oklahoma and is the largest ornamental fence manufacturer in the world and we are looking for Maintenance Technicians to join our team in Tulsa, OK! From its beginnings over a quarter-century ago, Ameristar concentrated on enhancing the aesthetic appearance of modern fence products, promoting ease of installation, while increasing strength & durability. Pursuing this focus, Ameristar designed and built a new, environmentally friendly, high-production facility. This resulted in the creation of the highest quality residential, commercial, industrial and high-end security fences in today's market place.
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in access solutions. Since we started our journey, we have helped billions of people from all around the world feel safe, secure and experience a more open world. It’s our 48,500 people in 70 different countries who make this happen, we are proud to be a dynamic and diverse organization to work for! We are looking for candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. Do you want to make a difference and be part of an inspiring team? As a part of our people development strategy, we encourage both internal and external applicants! Apply today!
Together we create a safer and more open world.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, plumbing, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Inspect equipment and other operations factors to predict issues and malfunctions
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, and schedules as needed by operations
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred
- Apprenticeship or education and maintenance experience equivalency required
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience, with strong hydraulic, pneumatic, plumbing, electrical, mechanical and industrial skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
- Must be a keen communicator, and be able to assist remotely, as well as on site at multiple locations.
- Ideal candidate will have working knowledge of TPM, including implementation experience and expertise.
- Kaizen philosophy and applied experience a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability
- Company Provided Short Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
ASSA ABLOY is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Complex Problem Solving