Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:URL blocked - click to apply
. Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This role forms part of the Global Customs & Trade Compliance team, which is responsible to deliver sustainable value in full compliance with the international regulations: (i) strategy (ii) compliance with customs & trade, (iii) risk management and (iv) customs savings.
Responsible for a team of 5 professionals, located in the US & Canada, the main missions of this role are to participate to the definition and implementation of the customs strategy of the group and to ensure that the entities located in the area respect the Trade Compliance regulations.
Reports to the VP Customs & Trade Compliance, Global. Key Responsibilities Define and deploy group customs strategy
Ensure compliance with Customs & Trade
- Participate to the definition of the Customs & Trade Compliance strategy and procedures, in collaboration with peers.
- Raise awareness among North America management (GSC, Finance, Businesses) about the international trade & customs regulations impacting the Group’s business
- Represent the Group in front of the US & Canada customs Authorities, and professional organization (lobbying)
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed in support of Customs & Trade Compliance strategy and 2020 mission.
Customs Risk Management
- Ensure that SE is compliant with Tax & Customs laws and regulations
- Voice out US Trade Regulations, which are extra-territorial and apply to the whole Group
- Monitor regulatory and legislative changes and assess their impact to the business, alert top management
- Due diligence review and integration of acquisitions
- Conduct periodic formal assessments of the region to identify and quantify risk exposure and communicate to stakeholders
- Develop scenarios, contingency plans and risk mitigation and deploy effective and efficient control measures
- Be the main Customs point of contact for any new flow implementation in order to evaluate and mitigate the customs risk / cost
- Advise legal entities during Customs audit procedures
- Identify potential customs optimizations and implement action plans to achieve them
- Ability to understand, appreciate and incorporate the unique contributions of associates with a diverse background in business interactions
- Ability to identify issues and risks, analyze and understand underlying causes, and devise appropriate action plans
- Ability to engage, influence and manage relationships with key partners, internal customers and top management
- Ability to communicate complex legal requirements in a simple, straightforward manner
- Ability to drive a project in a multicultural, complex environment
- Ability to manage simultaneously different tasks, and to prioritize
- Ability to manage external consultants
Bachelor´s degree or equivalent experience
+ 15 years of import/export experience and international trade compliance management Location
Plan travel up to one week per month to Boston, where US team is located APPLY NOW
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the responsibility of each employee to inform your manager that you’re applying for a new internal opportunity. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive electronic notification; you are not guaranteed a call from the recruiting team.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.