To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rensselaer, NY 12144
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Research Scientist II 3rd Shift
AMRI • Rensselaer, NY
Posted 4 days ago
Research Scientist II in Rensselaer, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist II is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by analyzing chemical intermediates and target compounds. The Research Scientist II is expected to demonstrate expertise in both the theoretical and practical aspects of analytical chemistry. A major component in the scientist’s performance rating will be based on productivity.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Chemical Hygiene Plan. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices.
- Follow responsible actions regarding chemical disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels, as well as appropriate SOP’s.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of commonly used spectroscopic and chromatographic procedures. Establish a demonstrated expertise in at least one technique.
- Write analytical method procedures to establish format.
- Write analytical validation reports.
- Use sound judgment and previously acquired knowledge and experience to develop new procedures for new compounds.
- Process samples with the standard procedures effectively and independently. Analyze experimental data for validity before reporting results.
- Use and maintain equipment in a neat and orderly manner. Report any malfunction immediately to supervisor. Repair minor problems. Maintain service and calibration records.
- Keep contemporary, accurate, legible, and complete experimental records in accordance with GMP and GLP practices.
- Use technical and regulatory knowledge and judgment to validate procedures to comply with internal SOPs and regulatory needs with minimal supervision.
- Submit complete, documented, and legible reports of analytical testing. Ensure that data is properly filed and accessible for review in accordance with appropriate SOP’s.
- Recommend and implement methods to increase the quality of products and/or services.
- Establish new and improved ways to perform job by challenging established procedures.
- Discuss routinely with supervisor the status of assigned programs and potential problems.
- Organize work time so that multiple activities run concurrently. Use time efficiently to accomplish immediate task and perform other needed activities.
- Manage workload and time to enable the incumbent to perform multiple projects effectively, and ensure all necessary paperwork is completed on a timely basis.
- Volunteer to assist with other tasks in the analytical function not directly related to specific projects.
- Participate in self-development activities. Provide orientation and train new personnel on operating procedures and policies.
- Perform other related duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with major in Natural Science or Pharmacy, or equivalent industrial experience
- 2-5 years of industry experience
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Shift: Third Shift