To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Executive Assistant / Project Specialist
Altec Industries , Inc. • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Why Join Altec?
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries throughout the world.
Altec is currently looking for an Executive Assistant / Project Specialist in Birmingham, AL. Major responsibilities include the following:
- Provide administrative support to Executives and Senior Management
- Support Senior Corporate Functions, including Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Corporate Services, and Strategic Planning
- File annual reports with each state
- Distribute monthly financial statements
- Maintain daily appointment calendar and schedule, make travel arrangements
- Plan and schedule meetings, process agenda items and action items, travel arrangements
- Interact professionally with associates, internal and external customers, guests, and others
- Organize and maintain files, handle phone calls and messages, e-mails and mail
- Ability to work proactively, independently and with the utmost attention to detail
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Minimum of three years successful work experience in a senior support or project management capacity with confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner with all levels of associates, customers and guests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to produce quality documents using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Quicken and other software.
- Knowledge of accepted and current office practices and procedures
- Basic financial knowledge preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and reassess priorities as necessary
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.