Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech is an industry leader in Asset Management Services. Accordingly, Tetra Tech executes numerous facility/infrastructure condition assessments (FCA) for government and commercial clients. An FCA is an asset inspection and engineering analysis of the level of maintenance and history, failure trends, root cause analyses, and work requirements to be accomplished that establishes the physical and mechanical condition of an asset. Clients use the FCA as a planning tool for short and long-term budget requests. Tetra Tech is seeking qualified architects, engineers and/or technicians qualified to assess electrical, mechanical, fire protection, exteriors including roofs, interiors, and other facility systems, as well as linear utility systems, stormwater, wastewater, water, electrical, natural gas, pavement, steam or compressed air.
The qualified candidate shall have experience consulting on built infrastructure asset management and facility management. This includes experience in pre-design consulting services or having worked on projects in facility or infrastructure asset/real property inventory, facility condition assessments (BUILDER SMS experience preferred), space utilization or facility use surveys, roof inspections/condition assessments, pavement assessments, utility infrastructure condition assessments, facility management, facility operation and management, capital investment planning, cost estimating, planning and programming, project development, etc.
The candidate should have experience as a project manager and have managed a variety of projects at various levels of complexity and cost, maintaining project schedule and project cost and achieving or exceeding revenue projections. Experience managing projects/consulting in facility management or asset management in the Federal or Public-sector a plus. The candidate must be able to positively and professionally interact with clients, resolve issues, manage expectations, meet or exceed client expectations, and deliver revenue targets and develop new work.
Candidates shall have a Bachelor of Science in engineering or a degree in architecture from an accredited university. Professional registration preferred. Ability to become professionally registered or ability to obtain other industry recognized credential required.
- Ability to work independently with minimum oversight while maintaining schedule and deliverable discipline.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required including technical report writing experience.
- Interact with Program Manager, Project Manager, Budget Analyst, and Technical Leads to ensure compliance with project scope objectives.
- Computer skills are required to populate assessment data in the client’s asset management software. Proficiency with Microsoft Windows 10 or later and Microsoft Office 2013 or later, or Microsoft Office365. Experience with tablet computers, cloud computing services and Microsoft Access desired. Experience with CMMS/IWMS such as Maximo, Tririga, Dude Solutions, etc. a plus
- Familiarity with industrial, large office, and other large facility types.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check (NACLC) clearance from the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Valid state driver license
- Active U.S. Passport
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including performing facility inspections over 6+ hours a day covering 5+ miles typically as well as ability to climb ladders and assess spaces including roofs, interstitials, basements, crawl spaces and utility tunnels.
- Ability to present a professional demeanor and outlook.
- Be available to travel minimum 50%.
- Successfully pass a Department of Motor Vehicles background check by designated company automobile insurance carrier.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
Engineer In Training
Engineering Design Process