To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX 75201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
IT Application Support Technician
PETRO-HUNT, L.L.C. • Dallas, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Petro-Hunt, L.L.C, a Dallas, Texas mid-sized independent oil and gas exploration company, is seeking an Application Support Technician for its Uptown Dallas office.
This position provides support, design, development and database administration support for several line-of-business applications.
General Duties and Responsibilities
• Communicate with support personnel, developers, and IT to assist in resolving issues with software applications
• Define, develop, and document applications business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project by project basis on collaboration with internal users and clients.
• Define application development project plans, including scope, schedule, and implementation
• Write SQL scripts to troubleshoot data integrity issues, enhance reporting and to provide data manipulation as needed.
• Monitor software and database performance on new and existing systems for the purpose of isolating areas in need of improvement and for general debugging.
• Provide verbal and written project status reports on multiple projects and tasks.
• Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines for applications and support procedures.
• Train end-users to operate new or modified programs/systems.
• Research emerging applications, standards, databases in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Propose and implement system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of critical systems.
• Monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, capacity management, provisioning, patching, upgrades and performance tuning.
• Administers multiple systems including regular and after-hours & weekend support as needed.
• Composes clear and concise system documentation and reports.
• Must be motivated and able to perform duties with minimal supervision.
• Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field of study
• Must enjoy problem solving and working with users on application related issues.
• Solid understanding of relational databases including designing schemas, creating tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, indexes.
• Understanding of SSIS and SSRS is recommended.
• Must have SQL Server experience.
• Experience with .NET, C#, ASP.Net is desired but not required.
• Strong experience in troubleshooting and recommending corrective procedures
• Must have strong problem solving skills.
• Must be self-motivated and resourceful.
• Must be able to work as part of a team in collaborative environment.
• Experience administering backup operations and redundancy
• Experience with oil and gas industry systems is preferred but not required.
Fast paced, well-funded, aggressive work environment in a stable, private company. Competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) match, parking and lunches provided.