CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
AJ0180 Distribution Facilities, Exempt
Provides accounting support to Corporate and Field Distribution Facilities (DF) personnel located at approximately 24 different sites. This role acts as the key financial business partner to the DF General Manager by providing financial oversight, critical analysis, and actively soliciting process improvement opportunities. This role acts as the key person responsible for providing timely and accurate financial and operational reporting with corresponding analysis. In addition, this individual is responsible for establishing an environment that ensures and maintains a high level of internal control over these reporting practices. The Operations Support Analyst will establish procedures to ensure that DF personnel are knowledgeable of and adhere to all financial policies. The incumbent acts as liaison between DF and Mgr, Plant & Accounting Services, and Supervisor, Cost Accounting.
Under minimal supervision, performs a variety of routine and moderately complex accounting responsibilities including preparation of accounting entries, month-end close, year-end close, capital project tracking and cost forecasting, budget reporting, budget preparation, spare parts and fixed assets reviews, and issuance of management and financial reports for DF Management. This role will also manage all relevant internal and external audit requirements.
- DF operating expense and capital budgets. Analyzes budget differences from forecast and prior years, identifies trends, and prepares presentation material for budget meetings.
- Prepares and posts monthly journal entries into the SAP system ensuring timely, accurate and efficient recording and analysis of month-end and year-end transactions.
- Analyzes DF costs, identifies and explains variances to the budgets monthly and prepares monthly reports including: Tons handled and inventory turns, Cost per ton, Headcount reporting, Variance by expense category, Variance by capital project, etc.
- Assists with Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) preparation and approval. Responsible for capital project tracking and maintenance of fixed asset sub ledger by ensuring timely closure of capital projects and timely retirement of expired assets. Work with Regional Managers, Engineering and Technical Services, Corporate Procurement and Corporate Budgeting to complete capital expenditure reporting, forecasting and analysis.
- Prepares ad-hoc financial reports and performs special projects as requested. Assists with internal and external audits as needed
- Makes recommendations and suggestions on best methods and strategies to streamline processes (and implements)
- Coordinate annual spare parts and fixed assets useful life reviews, as well as year-end physical inventory and annual tank gauge calibration requirements.
- Maintains written policies and procedures. Maintains and develops processes and procedures to meet departmental internal control requirements.
- Maintains a productive working relationship with other Deerfield personnel and departments (Accounting, Budgets, Legal, Sales, Tax, Risk Management, Procurement).
- B.S. in Accounting or Equivalent
- 5 - 7 years accounting experience
- Public accounting, CPA/MBA preferred
- Ability to manage business processes across multiple geographic sites
- Ability to function effectively while meeting deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed; high level of self-motivation with the ability to understand and follow detailed instructions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Must be proficient in PC use within a Windows environment, with an intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. and budget/forecasting databases
- Familiarity with SAP accounting and Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) and Avantis procurement software a plus
Incumbents in this position use and know the fundamental accounting concepts and practices of GAAP. They apply established methods/procedures to perform work that is often varied and may be difficult. Incumbents are expected to function independently.
Incumbent is responsible for the preparation of a $70 million expense budget covering 22 facilities owned by CF and 2 facilities leased by CF. Administers $10-20 million capital budget.
This position contributes to the overall effectiveness of the department. Timing and accuracy are important in the processing of journal entries and reports prepared and issued to management.
Individual works under minimum supervision and has some latitude for unreviewed decisions within the scope of delegated authority. Applies knowledge of accounting methods and procedures.
Understands and complies with established departmental processes and procedures designed to support internal controls efforts. Identifies and brings to the attention of department management internal controls deficiencies.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
URL blocked - click to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
URL blocked - click to apply
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call Phone number blocked - click to apply or contact us at URL blocked - click to apply.
URL blocked - click to apply
Training And Development