Robert Half has a long-term contract / temporary opportunity available for an experienced, organized Staff Accountant at a reputable company. As a Staff Accountant, you will prepare monthly and year-end closings, journal entries, fixed asset maintenance, bank reconciliation, and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting. You will assist in developing and implementing accounting policies. In addition, you will take part in compliance, communicate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the reporting processes. A highly involved position, it works to produce Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets. Based in the Bethesda, Maryland region, this company offers an engaging and mulit-faceted opportunity where effort is rewarded.
- Produce complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to cash, prepaid expenses and payroll
- Complete month end close, journal entries, without supervision
- Keep up fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- Maintain monthly payment schedules
- Participate in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation
- Support implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP
- Manage the design and creation of balance sheet analysis and communicate reports to management
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Ad-hoc reporting and special projects, as needed
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and databases
- Spreadsheet and database capabilities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- NetSuite experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Accounts Payable (AP)
- Knowledge of journal entries
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Outstanding analytical, quantitative and social skills
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems
- 2+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Self-starter, ability to identify issues and resolve problems
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant for more information.
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Balance Sheet
- Bank Reconciliation