Regional Sales Manager - West Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working within Motion, the Regional Sales Manager - West develops, implements and updates the account strategy for Drive Products from the customer’s perspective. This position is located in Northern California, ideally in the Bay Area, Central Valley (Sacramento to Fresno).
Reporting to the Regional Sales Engineer - Team Lead, you will lead Sales representative for an assigned geographic region. The Regional Sales Account Manager works to grow ABB’s local market share through attracting new customers and by increasing ABB share of existing customers. This role is one that is both challenging and rewarding, giving the successful candidate an opportunity to develop a promising career in account management, sales management and business strategy while working in a teaming environment.Your responsibilities
- To manage, support and develop solution sales for ABB Low Voltage Drives and Services at assigned Distributor, OEM and End User Accounts by; Maintaining customer relationships and ensuring customer loyalty through excellent customer service as well as meeting all client needs appropriate to their business, establish strong working relationships with key customers and end users, driving a disciplined sales forecasting process with direct reports, implementing short and long term business plan and actions, responsible for Distributor account planning for assigned territory, working with large End user / OEM accounts (as assigned) to ensure consistent national support in a local area.
- Technical Sales involves scheduling appointments, preparing and delivering presentations to the client, having researched their business and requirements. Creating and securing accurate and complete quotations that meet customer expectations. Negotiating and making offers in accordance with company procedures.
- Support Global Account Managers and Strategic Account Managers in sales efforts. Work closely with a diverse front end sales & channel team.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales team budget in assigned territory.
- Providing regular account summary reports to sales manager. Extensive use of SalesForce.com as our primary CRM tool.
- Support trade shows and industry associations as required.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Bachelor degree (Engineering degree preferred) with 8 years of relevant experience selling a technical product or solution in a complex business environment OR Associate degree with 10 years of relevant experience selling a technical product or solution in a complex business environment OR High School Diploma and 12 years of relevant experience selling a technical product or solution in a complex business environment.
- Travel up to 50% within assigned territory ( Central and Northern California).
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Preferred: Extensive sales and application background in Low Voltage Drives in the Industrial space. Product and market knowledge in Drives and related systems and services. Broad industry experience and contacts in Agriculture, Municipal Water and Manufacturing segments.
- History of account management at OEM, End User and Industrial Distributors. Understanding of customer needs, experience in customer interface and strong presentation skills.
- Familiar with CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software tool; salesforce preferred.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure and machine builders with world-class drives and softstarters. With our products, global scale and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Regional Sales Manager - West http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Regional Sales Manager - West
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Sales Management
- Technical Sales
- Selling Techniques
- Account Management
- Regional Sales
- Solution Selling