For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of performance materials, chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Safer Travels - We produce highly engineered Performance Materials that help make highways and airports safer for drivers, pedestrians, pilots and passengers
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, materials, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Senior Analyst of Catalysts Financial Planning & Analysis will provide analysis of the Company's business operations and cash flows. Responsibilities include budgeting, business analysis and forecasting. The Senior Analyst of Catalyst Financial Planning & Analysis will execute data gathering, manipulation, summarization, analysis of monthly financial reporting, and develop leadership presentations.
More specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain monthly reports for actual results compared to budget, prior year and forecast. Review results with management and provide a complete understanding of variances; this includes driving efforts to understand root causes of variances and making recommendations to enhance business performance
- Assist in preparation of the annual budget and provide guidance to global Catalyst business teams including: managing the data collection, analyzing the information to validate completeness and accuracy with the goal of communicating trends and key drivers to segment leadership
- Supports monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages to PQ Corporation on a US GAAP basis
- Develop a level of expertise in financial reporting systems (SAP and BPC) to continuously improve business process, standardize reporting and train employees. Ensure reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled including supporting accounting with variance analysis
- Assist Catalyst management with understanding and managing the performance of the business. Review key performance indicators (KPIs) and scorecards to monitor the business, specifically with regard to efficiency, cash usage, profitability and time & resource management.
- Support the month end close process.
- Take responsibility for business analysis and decision support. Work with members of the business management team to perform analysis and provide strategic insights around corporate expenditures
- Develop and implement FP&A best practices, procedures and processes to drive forecast & planning, business insight and analysis to support senior leadership team
- Complete ad hoc projects as directed by finance management.
- 5-7 years of experience in progressive finance roles with experience as a business partner.
- Prior experience in financial planning.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or another related quantitative discipline a plus.
- Public company experience preferred
- Financial analytical skills must address the full range of issues including marketing, strategic planning, technology and economics from an operational and strategic standpoint.
- Advanced aptitude in problem solving, including the ability to logically structure an appropriate analytical framework.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with corporate management and all other functions in the Company.
- Sound understanding of US GAAP and financial consolidation processes.
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Knowledge of ERP and consolidation systems (SAP's BPC consolidation tool a plus), as well as expertise in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Demonstrated experience using Excel to build and maintain complex financial models as well as perform financial and data analysis.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and modify processes in a complex and growing environment.
- Welcomes the challenges that come with a rapidly growing company whose strategy for growth includes both organic product development and Corporate Development.
- Display the personal attributes of integrity and compliance, personal leadership, performance driven work ethic and ability to develop subordinates.
- Possesses a wide-range of experience using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Self-starting personality; ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously; ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Ability and inclination to roll up sleeves and dig in. Dependence on and confidence in own abilities to get things done.
- Able to meet tight deadlines on multiple priorities.
Use Statistical Method