To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Jackson, MS
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical / Security Consultant
Public Consulting Group, Inc. • Jackson, MS
Posted 17 days ago
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector management consulting and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,000 professionals in more than 50 offices around the US, in Canada and in Europe. PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle. Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base.
The Technical / Security Consultant position requires a combination of technical skillsets including, architecture, security, privacy, as well as business acumen, pre-sales, excellent written and verbal communication abilities for new and advanced technologies.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
The major areas the Technical / Security Consultant can include:
• Coordination of activities between other client departments, vendors, partners, state and federal agencies.
• Advising project managers of security and privacy requirements required by state and federal agencies.
• Maintaining action items for the Security and Privacy teams as well as other participants and stakeholders.
• Representing the represent client interest regarding risks and issues of projects or other initiatives.
• Organization of priorities with the collaboration of Enterprise Architects, Chief Information Security Officers and the Chief Compliance and Privacy Officers.
• Organization of ongoing audit activities with state departments, and federal agencies (Office of the Comptroller, Internal Audit & Investigations, IRS, CMS, and SSA).
• Evaluating technical systems with experience generating written reports documenting client environments and engagement findings.
• Promote the ongoing goal of increasing the security and privacy posture of our clients.
• Ensure partners, vendors and clients meet security and privacy requirements.
• Proven ability and experience in systems based in cloud and hybrid architecture.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
• Monitor the contractual requirements of partner and vendor security and privacy requirements for state and federal compliance.
• Monitor the accomplishments of Security & Privacy specific controls as required by state or federal regulators.
• Escalation of non-compliance items to client and PCG leadership.
• Assist the client in the coordination and writing of reporting to other state and federal agencies including Implementation Advanced Planning Document Updates, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Plans of Actions and Milestones (PoA&Ms) reported to federal agencies, System Security Plans, Safeguard Security Reports, and System Design Plans.
• Creation of security and privacy policies and procedures or contractual language.
• Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Lead staff planning and status meetings on a weekly basis. Record notes and action items and schedule follow-up meetings depending on assignment.
• Evaluate technical architecture in legacy, cloud, and hybrid data center environments and make recommendations upon review based on best practice and experience.
• Directs the preparation and maintenance of reports, policies, procedures, and gathering of evidence as are necessary to carry out the functions of the client. Prepares periodic reports for management to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Broad knowledge and experience in project management methodologies including waterfall and agile (Scrum & Kanban).
• Excellent skills in the development of relationships and regular communications with stakeholders.
• General knowledge of security and privacy requirements required for medical and Medicaid systems (ACA, NIST Special Publication 800-53 (SSP’s), NIST Special Publication 800-37 (RMF), HIPAA, HITECH, SSA Technical System Security Requirements, IRS Publication 1075, and Minimum Acceptable Risk Standards for Exchanges (MARS-E)).
• Proven ability and experience in systems based in cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and hybrid architecture.
• DevOps experience and automated deployment of applications.
• Experience in working state and federal government agencies
• Experience in working with and communicating with technical staff and subject matter experts
• Security certifications such as the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or GIAC Certifications are highly desired.
• Experience with databases and SQL a plus.
• Experience with penetration testing a plus.