At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
The Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and repair mechanical and electrical equipment and systems to include but not be limited to: pumps, motors, lamp ballasts, lamping, light to medium carpentry work, commercial door repairs, automatic door operators, light to medium sheetrock repairs, general plumbing repairs of valves, piping, and pneumatic control air systems and compressors. Will complete apprentice to journeyman's work. Position also performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment and systems.
Required Minimum Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Minimum Experience
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in general mechanical maintenance and repairs.
Required Minimum Skills
- Candidate will have basic knowledge in Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, some TV, some nurse call, some tube system, medical air, automatic and manual doors.
- Candidate should have good mechanical repair skills and light to medium electrical skills. This should include verifiable experience in trouble shooting and repair of pumps, motors, pneumatic control air systems, light to medium plumbing repairs, commercial door repair and installation and automatic door operator repairs. In addition, candidate must have knowledge in light carpentry and sheet rock work and repairs.
- The candidate must have working knowledge of use of power tools, hand tools and diagnostic equipment related to the disciplines above.
- Candidate must be able to read and follow blue prints, has a basic understanding of NFPA and Life Safety Codes applicable in a health care environment and be computer literate.