EVRAZ NA currently seeks a Sr. Financial Modeling Manager to join our growing team at our Downtown Chicago Headquarters location!
The Sr. Financial Modeling Manager will be responsible for developing medium and long-term rolling forecast financials used to monitor divisional & consolidation performance, analyzing variances versus budget and ad hoc investment project modeling.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for supporting the consolidation of EVRAZ NA partnering with divisional Finance teams in addition to Sales, Operations, Production Planning and Purchasing to monitor business trends to support the forecast/budget, review of business unit financials and development of reports to monitor business performance. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Consolidate mid & long-term financials including P&L, B/S & CF over a 5 year horizon in support of internal and external stakeholders
- Develop financial models required for the interim and annual impairment testing process
- Investment project modeling in support of strategic initiatives
- Develop Financial & Operations KPI dashboards using Hyperion
- Conduct detailed monthly financial analysis of cost, sales, key business indicators and other financial measurements
- Prepare consolidated budgets for FP&A review
- Review and analyze business unit's forecast assumptions
- Analyze reasons for variances versus forecast, plan and budget with recommended actions to drive improvements in the business
- Prepare monthly and quarterly operations/financial performance reports and presentations to Senior Management team
- Prepare regular bench marking analysis for key metrics against selected peer group
- Develop analysis to help drive decision for viability of merger or acquisition through analysis of company financials, as required
- Develop management reports/dashboards using data visualization techniques
- Assists with special business related studies and financial analysis as required
- Assist with special projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Economics
- Five to seven (5-7) years finance experience require, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- At least three (3) years in financial modeling required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- ERP experience, business analytics / reporting required
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion a plus
- Experience in Business Intelligence using Tableau or Microsoft BI desirable
- Knowledge of GAAP & IFRS Standards a plus
- Must be a self -starter with initiative to work independently
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be detail oriented, analytical, problem solver and creative thinker
- Must have time management and organization skills and ability to work quickly with tight deadlines
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Use Statistical Method
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Financial Modeling Manager
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 4875/2250
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Evraz North America is a leading steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies – formerly known as Oregon Steel, Rocky Mountain Steel, Claymont Steel and IPSCO. Evraz North America produces more than 5 million tons annually of flat, long, and tubular steel products for major markets including infrastructure, defense, energy and rail.
View the full profile
The company is headquartered in Chicago, Ill., and its manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Ore.; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colo.; Claymont, Del.; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta; and Surrey, British Columbia. Evraz North America is the No. 1 producer of large diameter pipe, the second largest producer of steel plate and the largest producer of rail.
Evraz North America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Evraz Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world.
Our diverse range of manufacturing capabilities allows us to produce a wide array of specialty steel products: plate, coiled plate, welded and seamless pipe for oil and gas applications, structural tubing, rail and wire rod / bar.
We take a dynamic approach to manufacturing, using the production flexibility of our facilities to respond quickly to changes in the market for maximum efficiency and cost savings.
The Research and Development complex enhances our ability to develop high strength steel and pipe products for the most demanding applications.
Evraz not only has the right facilities and equipment capabilities to meet our customers' needs, we also have outstanding people who are committed to continuously improving quality, customer service, efficiency, and safety on the job.