Come grow with Vibra Healthcare, where we manage from the bedside up every day. Join a strong, knowledgeable company that values each employee as an individual. Our expanding organization wants compassionate healthcare professionals like you to help us get our patients back to better.
Vibra Hospital of Southeastern Michigan - DMC Campus located in Detroit, MI is currently seeking a Part Time Wound Care Nurse - RN - to join our team!
The Wound Care RN develops, implements, and evaluates a plan of care of assigned patients with wound care needs and families. Provides education on wound, ostomy and skin integrity issues for patients, families and nursing staff. The provision of care includes direct care along with the delegation and supervision of all nursing care. Specific components of the Registered Nurse role include demonstrating clinical competence, managing patient care, improving quality of care, establishing professional relationships and utilizing professional skills, fulfilling responsibilities of the role of the hospital, and developing clinical expertise per specialty.
- Current, valid, and active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment required.
- Current BLS certification from a Vibra-approved vendor required.
- One (1) year of experience in wound care required.
- Certification in Wound Care required within 6 months of hire.
- Previous experience working in wound care or demonstrated interest and aptitude in wound care skills.
- Identify learning needs and teach patients and families
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a variety of teams and individuals
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Ability to identify and implement components of the nursing process
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate review.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital!
Basic Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified