To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lancaster, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse Cardiac Cath Lab - Cardiac Cath Lab - Part Time/Days
Antelope Valley Hospital • Lancaster, CA
Posted 3 days ago
Under the direction of the Manager of Cardiac Services, Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for the nursing care of patients in the Cardiovascular Laboratory guided by policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Demonstrates uses of nursing process and knowledge of nursing standards of care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Provides accurate assessment of patient’s history, baseline laboratory data, physiological condition, level of consciousness, and patient’s perception of procedure and allergies
- Plans nursing care for each patient integrating nursing assessment data and knowledge of invasive procedure
- Implements physician ordered therapeutic modalities and nursing interventions in accordance with hospital policies and procedures in providing patient care, including but not limited to the following:
- Medication administration
- Intravenous therapy
- Blood withdrawal and administration
- Emergency care
- Evaluates and documents intraprocedural care and outcomes of nursing interventions
- Functions as scrub nurse or circulating nurse during diagnostic and interventional procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge of invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures
- Demonstrates aseptic technique
- Injects contrast media under the supervision of a physician
- Assists physician with the placement of catheters, wires, and balloon catheters during procedures under the supervision of physician
- Administers medications arterially and intracoronary under the supervision of a physician including, but not limited to, the following:
- Tissue Plasminogen Activate
- Knowledgeable regarding current nursing practices and procedures. Demonstrates the ability to interpret rules and regulations
- Demonstrates knowledge and use of written resources and forms. Demonstrates knowledge of legal documents pertinent to unit including the following:
- CA--Consent Manual
- Incident Reports
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care
- Patient’s Rights, Confidentiality
- Witnessing legal documents
- Patient’s access to chart
- Administration of blood, directed donor
- Bloodborne pathogen regulations
- Use of restraints
- No CPR
- Refusal of treatment
- Demonstrates knowledge of educational resources for patient/family teaching
- Demonstrates knowledge regarding special needs and behaviors of age specific groups
- Participates in age specific educational and training programs
- Demonstrates proficiency in required age specific competencies
- Schedules procedures
- Transports patients to and from Cardiovascular Laboratory
- Sends films and reports to physicians as needed
- Answers the telephone
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing process and standards of care in accordance with hospital policies and procedures
- Demonstrates knowledge of invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Demonstrates aseptic technique
- Ability to adhere with AVH Absenteeism and Tardiness Policy
- Ability to adhere with AVH Leaves of Absence Policy
- Ability to adhere with AVH Paid Time Off (PTO) Policy
- Ability to adhere with AVH Recording of Hours Worked Policy
- Ability to adhere to the department dress code
- Ability to organize work and establish priorities
- Ability to expand on own initiative in performance of duties
- Knowledge, understanding and adherence of the telephone etiquette standards
- Conforms to AVH Standards of Excellence
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and meet time parameters
- Ability to communicate effectively while maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, managers and other hospital staff
- Ability to adhere to the normal standards of courtesy and conduct as defined under the rules of hospitality at AVH
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient, hospital and department information
- Ability to adhere to safety rules and regulations
- Safely and effectively uses all equipment necessary to carry out duties
- Ability to interpret and function under hospital and department policies and procedures
- Conforms with required and appropriate JCAHO requirements
- Conforms with and supports hospital quality assurance and improvement guidelines
- Ability to participate effectively in department and hospital staff education
- Display a willingness to work as a team player
- Ability to give and support the highest level of patient/customer satisfaction at all times
- Supports and adheres to the values and mission statement established by the AVH Board of Directors
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Corporate Compliance rules and regulations, complies with duty to report behavior standard, demonstrates understanding of purpose for Corporate Compliance hotline, and importance of seeking guidance from a supervisor when in doubt regarding a possible Corporate Compliance issue
Required Licensure and/or Certifications:
- Current California Registered Nursing License
- Current CPR certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Confined area, cool temperatures, dim lighting, radiation exposure, chemical handling, call required, stressful conditions
A detailed description of the physical requirements of this job is maintained in the Employee Health Department.
Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fastest growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.