AZZ Galvanizing – Plymouth, IN
Bilingual Shipping & Receiving Clerk
About AZZ Inc.
AZZ Inc. is the leading independent provider of hot-dip galvanizing, spin galvanizing, powder coating, plating, and coil coating solutions to a broad range of end-markets. Collectively, our business segments provide sustainable, unmatched metal coating solutions that enhance the longevity and appearance of buildings, products and infrastructure that are essential to everyday life. AZZ Surface Technologies provides metal finishing services, from powder coating to electroplating, for corrosion protection of parts measuring less than an inch and components measuring up to sixty feet in length.
AZZ has an exciting 1st shift opportunity for a bilingual Shipping & Receiving Clerk at our Plymouth Indiana facility. Reporting into the Operations Manager you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the receipt and/or shipment of materials, supplies, and products. You will be working in both an office and out in the yard checking in truckloads of steel. Must be able to work outside approximately 25% of the time. Must be proficient in speaking Spanish.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting customer delivery schedules, communicating turnaround time to customers, loading and unloading customer material.
- Receives goods, verifies items against the record of shipment, and inspects condition.
- Gathers, verifies, and packs items for shipment according to specifications and the transportation method used.
- Records received and shipped items according to established procedures.
- Prepares Bill of Lading.
- 6 months to 1-year related experience preferred.
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality control and costs, knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Quality Management
- Raw Materials