To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1687 Cole Boulevard
Lakewood, CO 80401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Manager RMX
Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. A member of LafargeHolcim • Lakewood, CO
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Operations Manager RMX, drives strategy execution by overseeing and managing all operations. The specific areas of focus include, but are not limited to, employee productivity, operational efficiency, customer service levels, employee retention and employee satisfaction by maintaining a positive working environment. Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art production strategies and processes resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacture of company products. Assists in developing operations-related plans, budgets, and policies and procedures. Supervises employees, monitors activities and satisfies reporting requirements in accordance to the Company’s policies.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Delivers strategic leadership and management practices to the organization in support of the division’s business strategy. Ensures continual process improvement.
- Ensures quality through evaluation of the production process, material inputs and outputs. Partners with support functions to ensure that highest quality product is being delivered.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers by addressing issues, questions or concerns in a timely manner. Exceeds customers’ expectations of services.
- Responds to and maintains positive employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory productivity, motivation and morale. Prevents and resolves problems involving individuals which arise out of or affect work situations. Motivates employees and builds effective teams.
- Responsible for the attainment of revenue and profit goals for the area. Ensures adherence to budget and optimizes processes to achieve greater operational effectiveness. Contributes to departmental cost control. Monitors operational effectiveness through analysis of Key Performance Indicators.
- Communicates and promotes safety, compliance and environmental requirements in alignment with company standards.
- Works directly with the General Manager, Sales Manager, Technical Services Manager, Dispatch Manager and support functions on the development of overall objectives and long-range goals for the division. Translates and cascades objectives to measurable goals applicable for area of responsibility and is ultimately accountable for the successful execution of all approved strategies. Ensures the operations achieve business objectives by providing direction and oversight to managers.
- Supports the Division in achieving overall P&L targets by identifying opportunities for improvement as well as collaborating across the region to leverage resources, etc. Participates in the preparation of operating budgets. Conducts operations reviews to assess all cost drivers that impact financials. Monitors and controls operational volumes, capacity, material use, inventory data, etc. Reviews financial statements, operations and cost reports, and other key performance indicators to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
- In conjunction with the Sales Manager, assesses market opportunities and assists in developing annual business plans in terms of order volume and expense budgets. Develops appropriate market expectations and quotas for sales and marketing functions.
- Responsible for ensuring positive relations with customers, suppliers, community and government interest groups. Interacts and resolves any escalated issues at the highest level in customer/supplier organizations. Builds positive and productive working relationships with customer base to ensure customer needs are satisfied.
- Creates and enforces a culture of safety and environmental stewardship. Responsible for maintaining safe working environments and ensuring compliance with local, state and federal safety regulations; coordinate closely with local Safety Manager. Assure adherence to applicable legislation and regulations, including permit and environmental conditions; coordinate with local Environmental Manager.
- Develops staffing plans and establishes work plans and schedules on projects. Responsible for personnel management including recruitment, supervision, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals and terminations. Prioritizes staff workloads in order to meet product needs/objectives in all areas. Develops and trains staff to ensure high skill levels. Partners with Human Resources on employee development and succession planning initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree with 7 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of relevant experience.
Preferred field of study: Operations Management, Business, Civil Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
Work Experience: 7-10 years
Travel Requirements: Frequent travel to company and customer sites.
Additional Requirements: English, bilingual Spanish is a plus
Computer and Software Skills: MS Office applications
- Minimum of 8 years of operations/production related management experience in the construction materials or related industry.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and effectively organize, manage and lead and organization of diverse disciplines.
- Creativity in approaches used to develop and direct short and long range planning and development programs.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financials and performance metrics.
- Excellent communication/leadership skills.
- Excellent people skills and have a strong potential for strong leadership development.